XBOX ONE WIRED CONTROLLER

Will an XBOX ONE wired controller work with Windows 7?

I used to have a wireless 360 controller (it died when playing Need for Speed...because I threw it at the wall) but that was a pain due to drivers and such, i'm sure some of you know what I mean. I read somewhere that wired controllers do not require drivers, or at the least minimal drivers, with the added perk of being cheaper. I don't want the same nuisance as before is all so I wondered if anyone could let me know? 

I use Windows 7 currently but have the option to upgrade to 10 if needed. 

Cheers guys

Also, how do I change my name? I linked it to my Steam but it just gave me a number like i'm worthless or something :(

1 minute ago, 218848_1454181571 said:

SNIP

I believe you need W10 only for the wireless model but I might be wrong

Also, on W10, i just plug in my 360 adapter and my controllers work without needing software or drivers, as its built into windows 10, no hassle at all

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

AH really? Okay thanks, i'll see what else people say. Would you recommend Windows 10? Im worried it'll be a bad idea to upgrade is all 

Yeah, the XOne Controller for Windows has native support on Windows 10. The drivers are preinstalled.

The wireless Controller and the wired XOne controller are the same controller, the wired version include a (I belief) 2,8 m, or maybe it's in feed than I guess 9 ft, long USB type A (male) to USB Micro-B (male) cable. 

And the wireless version include the wireless module (wich can bought later to be used with the "wired" controller) wich you plug in your PC (and maybe some batteries)

The Controller itself is identical.

I don't know if it's still the case but, since I checked last time the wireless module only works on WIN 10!

PS: Make sure that you don't bent the Micro USB to much, can cause a loose conection. The micro USB slot cna be fixed easily but you would have to open up the controller and loose your warranty (I don't belief that this is covered by the warranty )

Cannot recommend that thing as a wired controller. You will likely have to spend extra on the wireless adapter at some point. The USB port in it will break on you. It's pretty bad.