Controlling my PC from my bed

Sybre
Go to solution Solved by swordsman247,

3 minutes ago, mok said:

This is a good option ^

2 minutes ago, Sybre said:

Yeah, I think this is the route I'm going to take. I considered it, but I figured my hands can descend from glorious chery mx greens to a cheap wireless keyboard for a few mins to type in a new show or something.

However you could use the on screen keyboard and a wireless 360 controller as a mouse with something like xpader. I used to do that for movie nights.

So I cut the cable cord about a year ago and I never used my TV. Now I use my wall mounted TV to occasionally play games on steam, or do things like watch netflix. However I noticed something quite annoying. I have no good way of controlling my PC from my bed. Yeah I can always use a keyboard and mouse, but I would have no where to put it. Alternatively I can use remote desktop on my phone but my screen is small and it takes forever to navigate around. Is there any peripherals that can allow me to efficiently control my PC in bed? Worse comes to worse I'll DIY something, but I would prefer to have something easy and premade. Any suggestions?

Teamviewer

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

Teamviewer

Ignoring the teamviewer breach, it's still as inefficient as using remote desktop, which is all around better.

Just now, mok said:

Yeah, I think this is the route I'm going to take. I considered it, but I figured my hands can descend from glorious chery mx greens to a cheap wireless keyboard for a few mins to type in a new show or something.

3 minutes ago, mok said:

This is a good option ^

2 minutes ago, Sybre said:

However you could use the on screen keyboard and a wireless 360 controller as a mouse with something like xpader. I used to do that for movie nights.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Just now, swordsman247 said:

This is a good option ^

Actually, I haven't thought of that. This might be easier because I already have a 360 controller and I was always good at navigating a keyboard on the 360.

Just now, Sybre said:

Actually, I haven't thought of that. This might be easier because I already have a 360 controller and I was always good at navigating a keyboard on the 360.

If you have the 360 chatpad i think you can use that with xpadder as a normal keyboard input as well, also hot keys are easy to set up.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

16 hours ago, Sybre said:

If you go the controller route, I'd suggest the Steam Controller.

It's a lot easier to use as a general interface device than a regular gamepad, and it's actually gotten quite popular for HTPC's and stuff like that.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 7/27/2016 at 8:58 AM, Dash Lambda said:

If you go the controller route, I'd suggest the Steam Controller.

It's a lot easier to use as a general interface device than a regular gamepad, and it's actually gotten quite popular for HTPC's and stuff like that.

I actually hate the steam controller. It's so uncomfortable and counter intuitive IMO. With that said I think all controllers are like that.

1 hour ago, Sybre said:

I actually hate the steam controller. It's so uncomfortable and counter intuitive IMO. With that said I think all controllers are like that.

Huh. I think that about every controller EXCEPT the Steam Controller...

There's no accounting for taste, of course.

I assume you've actually tried it? Lots of people say they hate it without ever even seeing one in person.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 7/28/2016 at 10:11 PM, Dash Lambda said:

Huh. I think that about every controller EXCEPT the Steam Controller...

There's no accounting for taste, of course.

I assume you've actually tried it? Lots of people say they hate it without ever even seeing one in person.

Yeah, I tried it. My friend let me borrow his when he went to basic training. I forced myself to use it for a week and absolutely hated it. I have really big hands as well, and it just made them cramp up. I'll stick to my 360 controller.