PS4 Will Have Physx & Apex Support on AMD Hardware.

TechFan@ic
now when we talk about PS 4 is it comfirmed that it will come with a redray player ?? like PS1 had CD PS2 had DvD PS3 had Blu ray So PS4 will have RedRay ?

"Red ray" is what CD/DVD uses.

PS4 will have Blu-ray. That has been confirmed.

In fact, all 3 new consoles (WiiU, PS4 and XBox 3) is/will be using Blu-ray disks. Except the WiiU will not allow you to play Blu-ray movies, as Nintendo didn't want to pay the high codec fees to have such capability.

Supposedly the Xbox will not have a Blu-Ray player.

Source: http://www.gamingcapacity.com/xbox-720-info-revealed-by-inside-source/

I do not agree with Linus. PhysX in games is already a niche market' date=' there are what, 10 games that utilize PhysX? Sure the games can benefit from it, but I'd much rather be able to PLAY my game than see visuals. PhysX takes a lot of processing power, especially with more hardcore games like Borderlands 2. Nobody is going to buy a high end card just to utilize PhysX. [/quote'] There are more than 10 games that utilize physX and big name titles have had it so it is significant. Borderlands 2 also with Nvidia physX is better than what AMD puts out and so while the PS4 will have physX I wonder if it will be limited in any way.
Whoops, guess there are more than 10 games, weird, I have only heard of certain games with PhysX enabled. Never heard of games such as; MStar, Jianxia 3, 7554, Passion Leads Army, Depth Hunter, Gas Guzzlers, etc. Let me rephrase my statement, there are about 10 games that are GOOD that utilize PhysX. -Ghost Recon -Ghost Recon 2 -Unreal Tournament 3 -Mirror's Edge -Batman: Arkham City -Batman: Arkham Asylum -Metro 2033 -Borderlands 2 -Mafia 2 -Alice: Madness Returns Yeah, it's totally not a niche market, look at all those games!

So about two good games last year? hardly worth it.

Exactly. It's a niche market and it is NOT worth it to buy a Nvidia card just for PhysX especially with AMD's 7000 series beating Nvidia's 600 series and possibly the 700 series.

Also, the only games I own that have PhysX is Mafia II, Borderlands 2, and Metro 2033 and they all look AMAZING without PhysX.

Exactly. It's a niche market and it is NOT worth it to buy a Nvidia card just for PhysX especially with AMD's 7000 series beating Nvidia's 600 series and possibly the 700 series. Also' date=' the only games I own that have PhysX is Mafia II, Borderlands 2, and Metro 2033 and they all look AMAZING without PhysX. [/quote']

Still physx works and it must be reflectivity flawless for the architecture use in the ps4, all nvidia has to do is validate it for the top teir AMD cards and there's double the reason to include physx in the core game

PhysX can already be achieved on an AMD Machine, if you force enable PhysX in the corresponding .ini file of Borderlands 2 it uses your CPU to deal with PhysX calculations regardless of your video card.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

now when we talk about PS 4 is it comfirmed that it will come with a redray player ??

PS1 had CD

PS2 had DvD

PS3 had Blu ray

So PS4 will have RedRay ?

redray? what is that a DVD laser? would that not be DVD again?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

PhysX can already be achieved on an AMD Machine' date=' if you force enable PhysX in the corresponding .ini file of Borderlands 2 it uses your CPU to deal with PhysX calculations regardless of your video card.[/quote']

Yes, and that is why it eats your CPU when you do it... although desktops have very powerful CPU's, the PS4.... no so much in comparison.

now when we talk about PS 4 is it comfirmed that it will come with a redray player ?? like PS1 had CD PS2 had DvD PS3 had Blu ray So PS4 will have RedRay ?

"Red ray" is what CD/DVD uses.

PS4 will have Blu-ray. That has been confirmed.

In fact, all 3 new consoles (WiiU, PS4 and XBox 3) is/will be using Blu-ray disks. Except the WiiU will not allow you to play Blu-ray movies, as Nintendo didn't want to pay the high codec fees to have such capability.

red ray = 4k player http://www.red.com/store/products/redray-player

Well that's a product company name and product... it's just a player. Will it have a Philips disk player? possibly... It could have Hynix memory too.

In such case, now your question made no sense. So I assumed that you meant red color ray.

I doubt that Microsoft will take a 1500$ hit just for 4K player capability. Ignoring the fact that the GPU will cost a fortune for a console, just to get somewhat of a smooth playback.

now when we talk about PS 4 is it comfirmed that it will come with a redray player ??

PS1 had CD

PS2 had DvD

PS3 had Blu ray

So PS4 will have RedRay ?

LOL, you don't seem to understand what the RED Redray Player even is.

The PS4 is going to have a BD player.

Yes' date=' and that is why it eats your CPU when you do it... although desktops have very powerful CPU's, the PS4.... no so much in comparison.[/quote']

When i play Borderland 2 with CPU Physx, it doesn't seem to utilize my CPU that much but the game stutters like crap. I blame software utilization rather than the hardware.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

If the PhysX is running off the CPU then what's the point? It'll slow down performance, cause more stress on the system, and it's NOT needed on consoles.
@vanwazltoff lol whut?

8 cores dont mean sh*t if the architecture and core speeds is slow

u could have 999999 cores but it still wont work

not to mention 8 cores at 1.6Ghz....

u want physx to be rendered by the gpu not the cpu