GTX 750Ti compatibility with MSI motherboards

Go to solution Solved by ClobberXD,
2 minutes ago, Elena said:

CPU: AMD A10 5800K @7600MHz with integrated graphics AMD Radeon HD 7660D

Have you OCed the A10 to 7.6 GHz.?!?!

Anyway, the 750Ti will work fine, and there doesn't seem to be any sort of compatibility issues with any parts. I believe the A10 will not bottle-neck the 750 Ti, but if you're gonna go higher (like GTX 1060, RX 480) in the future, you better change the CPU. The power-supply will work OK for now, but isn't recommended for extended usage at all! Please do get a very reliable PSU, at least the Seasonic M12II 520 (80+ Bronze 520W Semi-Modular).

Hello,

I'm having a doubt about my PC and its compatibility with a GPU I want to buy.

The specs I currently have are:

Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35

CPU: AMD A10 5800K @3800MHz with integrated graphics AMD Radeon HD 7660D

PSU: LC Power LC420H-12

In order to mount and run a GTX 750Ti

I'd also have to get a new PSU and I'm planning to get the Seasonic G-360 contemporarily. 

So I'm asking if there's any other compatibility issue between any of the other components... 

Thank you in advance!

Some 750Tis do not need external power. I would get that card. You would not need a New PSU. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

2 minutes ago, Elena said:

CPU: AMD A10 5800K @7600MHz with integrated graphics AMD Radeon HD 7660D

Anyway, the 750Ti will work fine, and there doesn't seem to be any sort of compatibility issues with any parts. I believe the A10 will not bottle-neck the 750 Ti, but if you're gonna go higher (like GTX 1060, RX 480) in the future, you better change the CPU. The power-supply will work OK for now, but isn't recommended for extended usage at all! Please do get a very reliable PSU, at least the Seasonic M12II 520 (80+ Bronze 520W Semi-Modular).

Nothing to see here ;)

2 hours ago, Anand_Geforce said:

The power-supply will work OK for now, but isn't recommended for extended usage at all!

Actually it's 3,8GHz, I don't know where that information came out.

"The issue with your PC is that although the PC may draw 200-250W of power, your power supply is only rated for 15A on the 12V rail, so the maximum amount of 12V power it can give to your components, is only 180W. It is already at it's limit under load and will not be able to handle a dedicated GPU." Quoting Aniallation on that, 2 years ago.

It makes sense to me, since my PSU doesn't even have the 80+ efficiency confirmed & is making too much noise. I wouldn't want to put under stress any of my PC components, especially my power supply 

thank you guys for the information, I really appreciate it!

4 hours ago, Anand_Geforce said:

The power-supply will work OK for now, but isn't recommended for extended usage at all! Please do get a very reliable PSU, at least the Seasonic M12II 520 (80+ Bronze 520W Semi-Modular).

Is the Seasonic M12II 520 'EVO' just as good or...?

And also, how do I know if it is semi modular or not?

2 hours ago, Elena said:

Is the Seasonic M12II 520 'EVO' just as good or...?

And also, how do I know if it is semi modular or not?

Good choice! Generally Seasonic PSUs (at least M12II-series and above) are very reliable, and 80+ Bronze is not condemn-ably inferior to higher 80+ ratings. So go for it! You can visit the product page of the PSU, where they'd definitely put up such specs. But before buying any component, read up on numerous reviews on reputable websites, even if you the product is the best of best - it might probably lack a certain feature you'll require, or there may be small issues. So, if you plan on investing in a Seasonic M12II 520 EVO, read all the reviews on the internet, and make a wise choice. Good luck! :)

Nothing to see here ;)