Internet goes out at the same time every night

vyzel

I have Frontier, goes out at the same time nearly every night (9-11 PM). It'll come back on for a few seconds, then go right back off. It usually comes back on sometime in the morning. Using their stock modem but I don't think this would be the issue because I think it would go out throughout the day. Not sure what to do as this is a strange problem to be having.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

I think you should call them and ask what the deal is and if they can fix it.

I probably should, but their customer service is garbage so the chances of them actually doing anything about it is slim to none. I'll still call them tomorrow to be sure

Just now, vyzel said:

I probably should, but their customer service is garbage so the chances of them actually doing anything about it is slim to none. I'll still call them tomorrow to be sure

Maybe if they don't do anything you should switch providers, if that's an option in your area.

Maybe if they don't do anything you should switch providers, if that's an option in your area.

I don't think it is, and if it is it's probably satellite

Just now, vyzel said:

I don't think it is, and if it is it's probably satellite

-shudders- Where I live sattelite is my only option, that and 4G LTE. I use LTE to game and sattelite for everything else, it works most days but sometimes the sattelite slows down to 0-250 kBps

-shudders- Where I live sattelite is my only option, that and 4G LTE. I use LTE to game and sattelite for everything else, it works most days but sometimes the sattelite slows down to 0-250 kBps

My friend who has satellite tried to play online once and had over 1000 ping (probably well over). the only thing frontier does right is that it has decent gaming performance, low ping usually

1 minute ago, vyzel said:

My friend who has satellite tried to play online once and had over 1000 ping (probably well over). the only thing frontier does right is that it has decent gaming performance, low ping usually

Yea the ping is uber garbage on satellite, thats why I have to game on 4G LTE where my ping is usually 30-40, 90-120 in game.

Yea the ping is uber garbage on satellite, thats why I have to game on 4G LTE where my ping is usually 30-40, 90-120 in game.

Guessing you use a hotspot on your phone? those can be pretty unreliable too

Just now, vyzel said:

Guessing you use a hotspot on your phone? those can be pretty unreliable too

Nah I use the ATT velocity.

Nah I use the ATT velocity.

Not heard of that, is it pretty much an LTE modem? That doesn't sound as bad if so, LTE speeds can be somewhat decent in areas

3 minutes ago, vyzel said:

Not heard of that, is it pretty much an LTE modem? That doesn't sound as bad if so, LTE speeds can be somewhat decent in areas

I live directly under the tower, we usually get about 30-40 ms ping.

I live directly under the tower, we usually get about 30-40 ms ping.

That's what I get, but if anyone else is doing something on the internet it goes to around 100

Just now, vyzel said:

That's what I get, but if anyone else is doing something on the internet it goes to around 100

Bummer.

22 hours ago, vyzel said:

I have Frontier, goes out at the same time nearly every night (9-11 PM). It'll come back on for a few seconds, then go right back off. It usually comes back on sometime in the morning. Using their stock modem but I don't think this would be the issue because I think it would go out throughout the day. Not sure what to do as this is a strange problem to be having.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Maybe contact the FCC or the FTC. They are not providing the service you are paying for. That could be grounds for false advertising or something.  Frontier is already on the Governments shit list for the shitty job it did converting Verizon customers over. Maybe contact your states Attorney Generals office. Trust me, they dont want to screw with the highest prosecutor in the state. It might just be enough for the State Attorney Generals office to send them a letter inquiring about your issues. This is all assuming they do nothing for you when you call. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.