Let's take a moment to laugh at BT...

tommm

To say the least, BT is a complete joke

For those unaware BT market themselves as the "best" internet provider within the United Kingdom yet provide appalling service and clueless call centers.  I'm paying for 35 down and 10 up, which compared to a lot of people, is actually quite pathetic.  As if that's bad enough, for the past 3 days I've been getting under 1 MBPS download speeds.  Here's a speed test I did 5 minutes ago:

5497812762.png

I think it's quite entertaining, actually, I call the helpline to be presented with a complete moron who was completely clueless, kinda funny!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

You want to know what else is a complete joke?

Being charged 70$ for 65u/d fiber, and it being forcibly bundled with a phone line for another 60$/mo. We don't even have a house phone anymore, but despite that Frontier refuses to sell just internet. Instead when they bought verizon they moved everyone who was on just fiber into a package deal for double what we were originally paying. 

Thanks US for only having one fiber option in my area, and thanks frontier for being massive asshats for forcing us to pay for what we don't want.

Not to mention their technical support not understanding anything at all technical wise, but that's a story for a whole different thread.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 hours ago, tommm said:

For those unaware BT market themselves as the "best" internet provider within the United Kingdom yet provide appalling service and clueless call centers.  I'm paying for 35 down and 10 up, which compared to a lot of people, is actually quite pathetic.  As if that's bad enough, for the past 3 days I've been getting under 1 MBPS download speeds.  Here's a speed test I did 5 minutes ago:

5497812762.png

I think it's quite entertaining, actually, I call the helpline to be presented with a complete moron who was completely clueless, kinda funny!

Holy shit that is bad

Everbody from the UK I ever talked to told me one thing:
From 9 AM -> 16PM-isch everybody has great speeds, because most people are at school, work etc.
After that its just slow as F*ck.

So my conclusion is that all UK ISPs don't know anything about speed limiting, limiting a speed is done so everybody can browse the web without being limited by another who's downloading a Michael Bay movie.

My ISP limits my speed to 240/30Mbps, but I ALWAYS achieve near that. Thats becausw there's enough throughput for it. If the UK hasn't got that throughput than don't give them such high speeds, instead cap them to a lower one so that everyone can achieve the same max speed. And ofcourse: STOP OVERPRICING IT WHILE YOU'RE AT IT :Þ

1 hour ago, tv15dsi said:

Everbody from the UK I ever talked to told me one thing:
From 9 AM -> 16PM-isch everybody has great speeds, because most people are at school, work etc.
After that its just slow as F*ck.

So my conclusion is that all UK ISPs don't know anything about speed limiting, limiting a speed is done so everybody can browse the web without being limited by another who's downloading a Michael Bay movie.

My ISP limits my speed to 240/30Mbps, but I ALWAYS achieve near that. Thats becausw there's enough throughput for it. If the UK hasn't got that throughput than don't give them such high speeds, instead cap them to a lower one so that everyone can achieve the same max speed. And ofcourse: STOP OVERPRICING IT WHILE YOU'RE AT IT :Þ

#makeukispsgreatagain

My native language is C++

On 7/23/2016 at 10:41 AM, tommm said:

5497812762.png

wow i only get that on a bad day well it helps having an exchange only line