New build, looking for a case; C70 maybe?

Schmarvin

Good case? I like the OD Green military colors. Is it worth the $130? Looking for a case that has good airflow and is also quiet.

Need some opinions on this. Thanks.

My only gripe about the C70 is the window: the fan mounts cut into them make me cringe however you can do a bit of DIY with it. Also heard people adjusting the way the top is set to add a 360mm rad too.

Seems nice, I actually like the way the window is. As far as the top rad, I will probably stick with a 240mm thin rad. Because I'm looking at the swiftech maelstrom reservoir for up front. I'd rather have the little extra room to spare for organization and cleanliness. Any other downsides to the case?

If you wait - and check various source's requently, I have seen this one on sale from $40-$60 off at times... Reviews seem to indicate the C70 model is a good overall unit.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I just got it on Newegg for 108$ (including the rebate) and I'm really stoked about it. It's definitely one of the sexiest cases out there. Besides that stupid window....

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

The C70 is an excellent case if you are into that rugged' date=' military look that it boasts so well. And yes, I have also seen this case go for as low as $79 from time to time. Maybe you can get a PSU such as this one to further keep the military theme going: [url']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817374023

I like it and the army look. But, as far as the PSU, I usually only pick between two brands, Corsair and Seasonic. Only due to their reliability and warranty.

I just got it on Newegg for 108$ (including the rebate) and I'm really stoked about it. It's definitely one of the sexiest cases out there. Besides that stupid window....

I saw the white one on sale for that, but the green is still $130 I believe.

o for a C70 Military ;) and get some equal setup as Linus :d then u can always tell peps u got it gifted from Linus^^

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

o for a C70 Military ;) and get some equal setup as Linus :d then u can always tell peps u got it gifted from Linus^^

Yea, no. I'm not gonna lie about it.

I got the black one for 89,99$ on ncix during the boxing week sale :)

I own the black one, got it for 110 euros (145$ I think). No less than an amazing case.

I considered the military green one too, but didn't like it being green inside. So in the end I preferred the stealthier looks of the gunmetal black version.

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

The C70 is a pretty damn good case, you can mount a 100i in the top no problem, and the carry handles make it good for LAN, my only gripe with it was the front IO only 2 usb 3 ports, there are cases at the same price with 2 usb 2 ports and 2 usb 3 ports, esata and fan controllers (cm storm trooper) but if that doesnt bother you then the C70 is excellent, it has great airflow and water cooling mounts if you want, also looks pretty cool too

The C70 is a pretty damn good case' date=' you can mount a 100i in the top no problem, and the carry handles make it good for LAN, my only gripe with it was the front IO only 2 usb 3 ports, there are cases at the same price with 2 usb 2 ports and 2 usb 3 ports, esata and fan controllers (cm storm trooper) but if that doesnt bother you then the C70 is excellent, it has great airflow and water cooling mounts if you want, also looks pretty cool too [/quote']

Yea, I don't have anything that uses USB 3.0, so it doesn't affect me. Same for eSATA. And I'd rather use a fan control software or 3rd party controller via an external bay. Water cooling is my interest. I plan to do a custom water cooling loop.

I really like the C70 I have that case, I was going to buy the CoolerMaster XM but I got C70, I think its the best Mid Tower Case

nice case

comes with different colors

easy to open

easy to hold

easy cable management

it has a window

all in metal no plastic

good ventilation

easy to Customize

ltMo4.jpg

Incredible features, a great design, very easy to use, proper cooling and sure you can camp in the thing as it is so spacious. The HAF-X is once again a top notch addition to the HAF series PC cases. I love it!

Ice Cream Man's Computer -3770K @4.5ghz- P8Z77-V PRO -Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II 4 GB -Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866mhz -Corsair AX750 Gold -WD 2TB Black -M4 128GB SSD

I have a C70 and i love it.

The cable managment is great, there is alot of space behind the motherboard tray and the little hooks for cable managment works great.

The fan mount spots and radiator placements is amazing for a case this size. If you buy the right components its a great case for watercooling. You can fit a thick 240MM radiator in the bottom, a slim 240 in the top and a 45MM 120 in the back. If you put the top fans on the outside of the case you can even fit a thick 240 mm rad in the top.

I also love the carrying handles. If you attend LAN parties or sometimes move your case around the handles make it alot easyer.

If i had one complaint it woud be that the fan mounts in the window side panel ruins half the window, and that the dust-filters slides out way to easy. When you lift the case they always falls out.

Another good thing is that you can buy all the parts from the case induvidually from the corsair websites. If your case gets dammaged or you loose a part you can just order a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own a C70, but I did a build in one for a friend, and it was (strange as it sounds... well, okay, maybe not to this crowd) just a complete joy to build in.

Lots of room for cable management, just everything really well designed... it was actually a little painful for how sad the specs were on the old hardware I was putting in it, heh. Also it looks incredibly nice (maybe the cover on the power button is a bit much, but eh), so if you like the aesthetic, go for it.

As it's been said, the only downside is the ugly fan mounts in the window - you can take out the twenty-odd screws and rotate it 180 degrees though, so at least they're over the boring drive bays, and you can still see the interesting stuff clearly.

In my opinion, as long as you get a Corsair, you're pretty much good to go. I've just got the 600t white, over the c70, mainly because of the sidepanel window. The 600t white and silver editions include a mesh insert if you want fans instead of a window. I have seen the c70 in person, and it looks like it is super easy to do a clean build with.

Now I wouldn't recommend the haf X, which was suggested. Its big, it doesn't have that great cable management (Still good, but my 600t is way better), and I couldn't get the h100 (Got it and returned it) to fit in the case. The cool thing is that I managed to sell the Haf X for what would be 10$ over the price I got it for.

As I said earlier, if you get a corsair you should be fine. So just go with what appeals to you, and is something that you want on / under your desk for the next 5 years (I am planning to keep my 600t for that long)

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I have the c70, i love it. in my opinion you don't have any reason not to get it. as are most corsair cases its really easy to through a build into. you can fit a dual 120 or 140 radiator in the top.

its just a great case.

The Corsair C70 is a great case. I have owned one for the past 4 months or so and have enjoyed every single bit of it. The Air Flow is great, it's quiet (dependent of the choice of fans) and being Corsair, it's stands behind quality and great support.

Supports a 240MM or 280MM Large radiator up the top. So that's good for you Corsair H100/H100i and upcoming H110 :D

Keep it Corsair!

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

The Corsair C70 is a great case. I have owned one for the past 4 months or so and have enjoyed every single bit of it. The Air Flow is great, it's quiet (dependent of the choice of fans) and being Corsair, it's stands behind quality and great support.

Supports a 240MM or 280MM Large radiator up the top. So that's good for you Corsair H100/H100i and upcoming H110 :D

Keep it Corsair!

Forgot about the cable management.

It also has great cable management options.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz