Think my network card is fucked up

Go to solution Solved by Belgiangurista,

Things I would try:

1st: reset the wireless connections (this is probably not necessary, but, no risk, just to be sure):

- open search, type "services.msc" open services.
- Scroll down to "wlan auto config" right click, stop the service.

- Navigate to
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\ delete everything in this folder  leaving only a folder called "profiles" delete everything in the "profiles" folder except for a folder called "interfaces" delete everything in the "interfaces" folder)

- Restart "wlan auto config" connect to your wireless network, enter your passkey, (ensure the connect automaticly box is checked)

2nd: reset all network settings: (from the Microsoft page, :), all is fine and dandy)

- "cmd", and then select Run as administrator > Yes

- At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
  • Microsoft gives extra steps here, but we're not pre windows XP era, ipconfig /release and renew are a thing of the past (in this case)

3rd: unstalling the network adapter driver: time consuming ......

4th: TEH NUKE!

Before this step, visit your NIC manufacturer website and download the latest nic driver, back it up on a flash drive and wear a bombvest (j/k)

be carefull: in cmd prompt type "netcfg –d". This will remove any network adapters from your pc and the settings for them.

REBOOT.

Then, reinstall the drivers. <- how-to-link.  It's pretty straight forward, but don't take it lightly.

5th: cross your fingers.

So i got this asus transformer book this month, and the network card is already starting to mess up, whenever i try to acces a wifi all it does is trying to connect and then say cant connect to this network.

i dont know how it started, all i was doing was watching youtube and then it just disconnected

And now thats what happends when i try to connect

edit 1: i have tried reinstalling the drivers from asus website

I think this is a windows bug, have you tried restarting the computer?
My onboard Realtek NIC did the same thing on my previous motherboard, only with windows 10, not with 8.1 or 7.

Maybe it the same thing for you, maybe its not.

Just now, tv15dsi said:

I think this is a windows bug, have you tried restarting the computer?
My onboard Realtek NIC did the same thing on my previous motherboard, only with windows 10, not with 8.1 or 7.

Maybe it the same thing for you, maybe its not.

I tried restarting it multiple times but to no use

Just now, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

I tried restarting it multiple times but to no use

Open device manager and goto your wifi card (right click the Windows logo -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Select your wifi adapter -> Properties) see if the Device Status gives you any errors, if not windows is ether not detecting the errors or just trolling you :Þ

1 minute ago, tv15dsi said:

Open device manager and goto your wifi card (right click the Windows logo -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Select your wifi adapter -> Properties) see if the Device Status gives you any errors, if not windows is ether not detecting the errors or just trolling you :Þ

It says "This devicen is working correctly" nothing else

It says "This devicen is working correctly" nothing else

It seems like the device is working correctly, atleast as far as its reporting/Windows is detecting.
Maybe its false reporting its status.

Just now, tv15dsi said:

It seems like the device is working correctly, atleast as far as its reporting/Windows is detecting.
Maybe its false reporting its status.

Any way to fix it without having to send it back to Asus for warranty?

Any way to fix it without having to send it back to Asus for warranty?

It seems like some people are having this issue due to a update, mind trying this and see if it works?
I don't have a wireless Windows device at hand a.t.m

Right click Windows icon, 
open Device Manager, 
click Network Adapters arrow to expand, 
then right click your wifi adapter, 
select Properties, (Configure...)
now select the Power Management tab. 
De-select the box that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

6 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

It seems like some people are having this issue due to a update, mind trying this and see if it works?
I don't have a wireless Windows device at hand a.t.m

Right click Windows icon, 
open Device Manager, 
click Network Adapters arrow to expand, 
then right click your wifi adapter, 
select Properties, (Configure...)
now select the Power Management tab. 
De-select the box that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

I cant find the tab your talking about

https://imgur.com/OAtWFIy

21 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

Weird...

Guess i have to take it back to where i bought it then, thanks for the help anyways c:

Things I would try:

1st: reset the wireless connections (this is probably not necessary, but, no risk, just to be sure):

- Navigate to
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\ delete everything in this folder  leaving only a folder called "profiles" delete everything in the "profiles" folder except for a folder called "interfaces" delete everything in the "interfaces" folder)

- Restart "wlan auto config" connect to your wireless network, enter your passkey, (ensure the connect automaticly box is checked)

2nd: reset all network settings: (from the Microsoft page, :), all is fine and dandy)

- At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

• Microsoft gives extra steps here, but we're not pre windows XP era, ipconfig /release and renew are a thing of the past (in this case)

Before this step, visit your NIC manufacturer website and download the latest nic driver, back it up on a flash drive and wear a bombvest (j/k)

be carefull: in cmd prompt type "netcfg –d". This will remove any network adapters from your pc and the settings for them.

REBOOT.

Then, reinstall the drivers. <- how-to-link.  It's pretty straight forward, but don't take it lightly.

10 hours ago, Belgiangurista said:

Things I would try:

- Navigate to

Before this step, visit your NIC manufacturer website and download the latest nic driver, back it upta on a flash drive and wear a bombvest (j/k)

REBOOT.

Thanks! the second one helped, every thing works now, thanks for the help.