Problem when disconnecting my VPN (PIA)

Private Internet Access settings:

Capture2.JPG

When i disconnect from my VPN:
1. 10% of the time, after waiting 30-60 seconds my internet connection gets resumed  
2. the other 90% my internet stays disconnected and i have to run the Network trouble shooter to "enable DHCP for local area connection" so my internet connection resumes

is this normal?

i have 2 Ethernet ports on my motherboard, one of them is screwed with an error saying its missing network protocols
im worried one day when i disconnect from my vpn it will brick my second ethernet port?

Edited by mok

Photography / Finance / Gaming

11 hours ago, mok said:

Private Internet Access settings:

Capture2.JPG

When i disconnect from my VPN:
1. 10% of the time, after waiting 30-60 seconds my internet connection gets resumed  
2. the other 90% my internet stays disconnected and i have to run the Network trouble shooter to "enable DHCP for local area connection" so my internet connection resumes

is this normal?

i have 2 Ethernet ports on my motherboard, one of them is screwed with an error saying its missing network protocols
im worried one day when i disconnect from my vpn it will brick my second ethernet port?

Well in your image you have the vpn kill switch option enabled, which says it will shut off your internet when you disconnect.

My native language is C++

2 hours ago, tt2468 said:

Well in your image you have the vpn kill switch option enabled, which says it will shut off your internet when you disconnect.

yup thats why i selected that option 
so i guess in my scenario the "10% of the time....internet resumes" means the kill switch is not working ?

I guess my bigger issue is whether or not it was my vpn kill switch that somehow bricked my first ethernet port

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 hours ago, mok said:

yup thats why i selected that option 
so i guess in my scenario the "10% of the time....internet resumes" means the kill switch is not working ?

I guess my bigger issue is whether or not it was my vpn kill switch that somehow bricked my first ethernet port

I doubt your second port is bricked. Even if it did somehow fail, it wasn't because of software. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for both nics? Missing network protocols is a software thing, not hardware.

My native language is C++