I need your opinion!

vohh

I need your suggestion on what I should buy for a gaming pc that im going to build.  This is my first time building a pc.  I will be using the pc for playing lots of TF2 and possible Overwatch and basic internet browsing.  My budget is $800 - $850 and id like to keep rebated to a minimum.  I want to keep the monitor, keyboard, OS, mousepad, and CPU the same.  Here is the list that I have made http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mC4KBP

25 minutes ago, Kikouda said:

I need your suggestion on what I should buy for a gaming pc that im going to build.  This is my first time building a pc.  I will be using the pc for playing lots of TF2 and possible Overwatch and basic internet browsing.  My budget is $800 - $850 and id like to keep rebated to a minimum.  I want to keep the monitor, keyboard, OS, mousepad, and CPU the same.  Here is the list that I have made http://pcpartpicker.com/list/K9VpGf

that power supply is overkill

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Prices have changed since the last time you asked. No rebates.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB ($210.00)

^Build your PC now and order this when it's available, the aftermarket variants should be out in no more than a week.
Case: Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

^You can switch back to the fractal case but this one is pretty much the same but for $10 less.
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor  ($110.00) 

^There are better alternatives to this monitor at the same price right now(1 / 2), you'll never know when this one drops to $110 again.
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($96.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 8.1 @Kinguin.net ($25.00)
Total: $841.91

Buy the mouse mat later, it isn't the most important right now. I removed it so you can have an RX 480 and 240 SSD.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

Get a cheaper keyboard and buy an i5. Also a 550W psu is more than enough.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Get a cheaper keyboard and buy an i5. Also a 550W psu is more than enough.

I recommended the psu to him last time cuz it was only $60 then.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

1 minute ago, antisleep said:

I recommended the psu to him last time cuz it was only $60 then.

If he can get the 650W cheaper than the 550W then obviously stick with it. I was just assuming that the 550W would be less :)

19 minutes ago, antisleep said:

Prices have changed since the last time you asked. No rebates.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB ($210.00)

^Build your PC now and order this when it's available, the aftermarket variants should be out in no more than a week.
Case: Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

^You can switch back to the fractal case but this one is pretty much the same but for $10 less.
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor  ($110.00) 

^There are better alternatives to this monitor at the same price right now(1 / 2), you'll never know when this one drops to $110 again.
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($96.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 8.1 @Kinguin.net ($25.00)
Total: $841.91

Buy the mouse mat later, it isn't the most important right now. I removed it so you can have an RX 480 and 240 SSD.

updated list http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mC4KBP

When do you plan to start building exactly?

Just now, antisleep said:

When do you plan to start building exactly?

I have $300 right now, i'm going to sell my current laptop to my dad for $250 and then my mom said she'll help with the rest but she said its probably going to be around Christmas when i get the PC but i'm trying to push for sometime earlier.

21 minutes ago, Kikouda said:

I have $300 right now, i'm going to sell my current laptop to my dad for $250 and then my mom said she'll help with the rest but she said its probably going to be around Christmas when i get the PC but i'm trying to push for sometime earlier.

now that i realize you wont be building anytime soon, i think i wasted those extra efforts going through the tiniest details... this will probably be an entirely differently build later this year

i get that your trying to get a feel of which parts to go for but i suggest asking 1-2 weeks prior to ordering parts...

18 minutes ago, antisleep said:

now that i realize you wont be building anytime soon, i think i wasted those extra efforts going through the tiniest details... this will probably be an entirely differently build later this year

i get that your trying to get a feel of which parts to go for but i suggest asking 1-2 weeks prior to ordering parts...

alright I guess ill wait.