Delay between Power button and POST

My current build is a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5, Corsair 850W Modular, AMD FX-4350, 16gb G.Skill sniper series RAM, and Samsung EVO 850 SSD as the primary boot drive(Seagate secondary for data storage).

Whenever I hit the power button, the lights and fans flick, go off, then about five seconds later, the system actually posts and boots. I'm curious if there's an issue I can't discern going on; or if this is normal. If not normal, is there a way to discern the cause? Could it just be a BIOS setting?

This issue was present in this build back when I was using a 650w, and it is still present now with the current psu.

It doesn't seem to do anything else besides annoy me.

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

Sounds fine and probably is fine as that's just it checking the RAM, CPU and whatever making sure the computer can actually boot. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

This is a normal thing computers do when checking components, and is nothing to worry about. Every UD3 Board I have used has done this.

Alright, so it exists to annoy me. Gotcha.

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.