So wait , what happens if I put "rubber o"s on my MX Speed switches?...

Skullbunny

the o-rings dont move the actuation point up, what they do is provide a "damper" when you bottom out your keys, so instead of hitting plastic on plastic when typing its more of a "softer stop" both to the feel and to the ear.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

the o-rings dont move the actuation point up, what they do is provide a "damper" when you bottom out your keys, so instead of hitting plastic on plastic when typing its more of a "softer stop" both to the feel and to the ear.

o. 

I see. 

Thanks ^_^

1 minute ago, Skullbunny said:

o. 

I see. 

Thanks ^_^

the o-rings are a very popular solution for when grandma cant nap while you're typing :P

the o-rings are a very popular solution for when grandma cant nap while you're typing :P

So overall it won't effect my experience with the keyboard and its performance , Only noise and slight 'feel' , Right? D: 

P.S. , screw everyone , everyone SHALL BOW BEFORE MY TYPING SKILLS D:<

1 minute ago, Skullbunny said:

So overall it won't effect my experience with the keyboard and its performance , Only noise and slight 'feel' , Right? D: 

P.S. , screw everyone , everyone SHALL BOW BEFORE MY TYPING SKILLS D:<

well, the whole shpiel with mechanical keyboards is there's options, options for everyone :o

and some people decide they like a specific key, but dislike the click or feel it makes when they bottom out, that's where o-rings come in.

besides, how much are they asking for a set of rings? i should go bug my local DIY store to ask how much o-rings *actually* cost :P

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, the whole shpiel with mechanical keyboards is there's options, options for everyone :o

and some people decide they like a specific key, but dislike the click or feel it makes when they bottom out, that's where o-rings come in.

besides, how much are they asking for a set of rings? i should go bug my local DIY store to ask how much o-rings *actually* cost :P

6$ O_O , 120 rings. you can choose between Black to Clear. 

They claim MSRP is 18$ O_O...

idk seems like a fine deal. 

also , like , I never used anything aside of Browns...so idk im kinda scared >.<

2 minutes ago, Skullbunny said:

6$ O_O , 120 rings. you can choose between Black to Clear. 

They claim MSRP is 18$ O_O...

idk seems like a fine deal. 

also , like , I never used anything aside of Browns...so idk im kinda scared >.<

so.. between $6 and $18 for 120 rings, noted :P

so.. between $6 and $18 for 120 rings, noted :P

amazon listings go from 8$ to 20$ 

Idk , now im kinda tempted.

p.s. i edited my other comment

Just get the cheapest ones that are clear. I have a huge collection of cheap to expensive rings to rings that are actually thick enough to prevent actuation in most cases. 

Get the cheapest, they're all about the same. Clear is better for backlighting.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS