AMD Polaris Giveaway

Yea i want it. 

Plot twist dont have a computer and really want one

On 7/18/2016 at 1:59 AM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I currently have a gtx 970 and want to upgrade to polaris because freesync and g-sync are very similair, but freesync monitors tend to be way less expensive and I really want a 1440p freesync monitor that I can fully utilize.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

I want to go back to the red team... and not have a pocket space heater this time around. >w>

Also...  gibe nao pls.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

Using an R9 390. Been wanting to build another computer for the kids, and a new card is a good place to start.

On July 17, 2016 at 10:59 PM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

Best of luck to all!!

Your (guys') youtube channel has resulted in my interest in computers. I watch the channel's youtube videos every single day and it has inspired me to pursue the goal of building my first computer as well as even pursuing a career in this field. You guys have no idea how life changing your videos have the potential to be. This graphics card will definitely be in my first computer build which will be a landmark in my life. My biggest goal right now is to complete the first computer build so this would really help me out.. Thanks.

Just now, nicklmg said:

but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

800 Posts? How about 800 pages?

Anyways, I'm really excited about the new polaris architecture and I was hoping to upgrade from the poor old 560 Ti that I managed to scrounge up when I first built my main rig last year. Unfortunately with the supply shortages, that's not possible for me right now, so it'd be awesome to win one! Not that there's half a chance of that happening, but I might as well try right?

Look at my systems:

Spoiler

My main testing/gaming system "Bitlo" is an upgraded HP Pavilion p6710f:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 undervolted to 1.225v vcore @3.00GHz, with additional undevolts for each P-state.

Stock AMD cooler- with the undervolt that's all I actually need

8GB PNY DDR3

Zotac GTX 560 Ti, 880MHz core & 2360MHz mem at stock voltage, has been delidded and repasted, plan on strapping an AIO on to overcome current temp issues

EVGA 500W PSU

120GB Toshiba Q300 SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

Every day carry: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150. Pentium P6200 @2.13GHz, 4GB RAM.

Black themed workstation I'm working on:

Xeon E5-2670 (SR0KX)

Cooler Master Hyper T4

ASRock X79 Extreme4

16GB (2x8) Adata XPG DDR3

Gigabyte R9 290 OC Edition

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Dell XPS 630i 750W PSU

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB HDD

Diablotek EVO ATX Midtower case

I would like to get a display with 4K @ 120hz. Going to need some mad GPU to get those sweet frames!

My AMD HD 7000 series gave up on me :( Sad ... forced to work on my notebook now as I can't afford a new card... would love to have this one! 

I'm going to build my first computer this week but I don't havr enough to buy a gpu... Gibe me nao plz..

Currently have an Nvidia Gtx 560 and I desperately need an upgrade. Plz gib me nao

I have gt610 *pretty lame isnt it*

I love gaming but i dont have Money *poor to be correct* so i need Rx 480 for better gaming experience ???

I currently have a gtx 960 and have been wanting to upgrade to give my friend my 960 and have a new gpu for myself :) 

On July 17, 2016 at 10:59 PM, nicklmg said:

Best of luck to all!!

I'm rockin a lil ole r7 260x and holds its own in most games with only a few settings turned down at 30fps, the newer games I play I start to feel the bog though, so go random number generator, please help me! 

My dad wants a graphics card. tym88888

On 7/17/2016 at 11:59 PM, nicklmg said:

i currently have a gtx960.

i would want to upgrade to this card for dem graficccssss.

It would be an amazing upgrade since I currently have no GPU, just build my first PC and this would really give me the chance to play games like they are meant to be played, awesome quality and all.

I'm using a Radeon HD 4800 Series card...had it for as long as i can remember...it's less than 40$ now i think.
I'm building a new PC in about 2 months,but i have a really low budget,so this RX 480 would really make my day.
Anyway keep it up guys!

I got a Sapphire r9 290 with and intel i5 4690 but I want to build a new, AMD based pc (with and AMD processor) and a gpu would be a nice place to start

I currently have a MacBook pro 17" late 2011 with AMD Radeon HD 6770M - It has 1GB Vram so i guess thats ok? 
Anywho the reason i want a AMD card is i am in the process of building my first ever PC and have recently been following the new releases of graphic cards etc... and this feels like the one!

anywho, good luck all. 

I'm using a GTX 560 (no, I'm not kidding). Was planning to get a RX 480 soon, but if it's free, hey, that would mean I'll get some extra money for a monitor (which I also need to buy)!

NV 9600gt :) planning to upgrade my cpu to some xenon using lga 775 hack. These new gpus would still be an overkill for this system but dx 12 may use it anyway.

I'm Building my own system. Also, I'm building my own case from scratch (se pictures). By building from scratch I mean cutting out pieces from a sheet of metal, bending them and attaching them to a metal frame. The only thing missing from my system is a decent GPU. At the moment I am stuck with a nvidia gt 710 is comparable to the integrated graphics of the cpu (http://www.gigabyte.fi/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5756#ov)

Motherboard: Asus B150m Pro Gaming

CPU: Intel Skylake core i3 6100

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury

Storage 1: 120GB SSD 

Storage 2: 1TB HDD

PSU: 550 Watt Seasonic

Fans: 140mm Corsair Air Series AF140 quiet edition

IMG_20160711_215025.jpg

IMG_20160518_212204.jpg

IMG_20160518_222952.jpg

i have HD 7850. I'm  a price/performance guy so...Rx480...duh!