What makes one monitor better than another

aadames96

So I'm in the market for a new Monitor. I'm not too interested in gaming so response time isn't a big issue. I'm currently between two monitors. An ASUS PB277Q WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms Eye Care 27" Screen LCD Monitor at 339.99 

or

Acer K272HULbmiidp Black 27" WQHD 6ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS DCR 100,000,000:1(1,000:1) Built-in Speakers also at 339.99

The acer monitor has built in speakers which i really want, and I've heard that IPS panels are better. But I have heard alot of bad things about acer as a brand and the mixed reviews that say that its okay for a 1440p monitor, but only seen really good reviews about the Asus. What could possibly make the Asus monitor that much better if they are both 1440p monitors

99.99% speakers in monitors are utter trash.

If you don't plan on gaming much go for color accuracy and contrast, for that you will want IPS, PLS, OLED.... maybe some VA. Definitely avoid any TN.

There is nothing wrong with Acer. All brands have low end trash, mid class and high end. Check reviews before buying.