G502 replacement?

AsadaShinoSan

My current G502 which I have been using for more than 2 years has a rusty scroll wheel (am I the only person experiencing this?) and the braided cables are more or less devastated. Emailed my local Logi distributor to see if it's under warranty for the scroll wheel and they haven't replied me in months. Currently the RGB version of the G502 is on sale here but the Mionix Castor and Naos 7000 are also tempting without the braided cable and optical sensor. Should I stick with the G502 or switch over :x 

People die if they are killed. 

Stick with what works IMO, if you have never had issues with it i dont see why not just stay with whats comfortable. the 502 is one of the highest rated mice for performance so you dont gain anything other than trying something new which isnt bad but might not end up the way you want.

I would stay with the G502 to be completely honest. I've tried plenty of "legendary" mice like the Razer Naga Hex 2014 and the Death Adder 2014, as well as a few Corsair mice. None of them really stood out to me performance wise. Only thing wrong with my mouse is the braided cable is beginning to fray. Other than that I haven't found a better mouse. I say keep trying with the warranty, I'm pretty sure warranty on the G502 is 2-3 years anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K OCed to 4.5Ghz

CPU Cooling: Corsair H80i GT

GPU: EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0+ SC+ w/BP

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4x4GB)

Mobo: MSI Z97 PCMATE

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W

Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB (x2), Kingston 120GB SSD

I own and use both the G502 and the Naos 7000, and I prefer using the G502 most of the time, although I do like the pinky support of the Naos 7000 other times. Both are good and it depends a lot on your mood and your personal taste/hands. I sometimes find that my pinky starts to hurt/feel sore with my G502 as I'm stressing it. 

The one thing I REALLY miss on the Naos 7000 is hyper scrolling. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I would stay with the G502 if you are happy with your experience with it. I got mine last black friday and am considering getting another as a backup in case this one dies since I love it so much.

g502 is, in my opinion the best mouse on the market, if you have had it before and are happy I don't see why you would anything different

35 minutes ago, Chace said:

g502 is, in my opinion the best mouse on the market, if you have had it before and are happy I don't see why you would anything different

True, he sould upgrade to the Spectrum. I have the G502 Spectrum and love it. Ergonomics are perfect for a palm grip

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro