Hit stone wall with Case choice . . .

A-C-R

I can't find many cases on my budget that are sort of worth it , my budget is around 60-70 euros (Greece) and so far only thing that I find sort of fits my aesthetic is the Zalman z9 neo . I'm looking for good cable management , clean front , rubber gromets and a side panel window. If anyone can help please do. I was also considering getting a wooden panel and some stand-offs , screw everything into that , paint it black , gray and orange (half life theme) and just wall mount it as a last resort . . . I'm not sure how I could hide my cables though (I have orange extensions from bitfenix).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Something bold and profound about the collapse of Moore's law resulting in a massive

market crash and the fall of capitalism or some shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

You could go with the corsair 200r. I'm from the u.s.a, and that case is around 60-70 us dollars which is around 55-65 euros.

Do you have hands-on experience with it?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

26 minutes ago, Raptor_zzr said:

I can't find many cases on my budget that are sort of worth it , my budget is around 60-70 euros (Greece) and so far only thing that I find sort of fits my aesthetic is the Zalman z9 neo . I'm looking for good cable management , clean front , rubber gromets and a side panel window. If anyone can help please do. I was also considering getting a wooden panel and some stand-offs , screw everything into that , paint it black , gray and orange (half life theme) and just wall mount it as a last resort . . . I'm not sure how I could hide my cables though (I have orange extensions from bitfenix).

you could look at something like the Corsair 88r, has everything you want except the rubber gromets for the holes. It is mATX, so not sure if this will fit you or not. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

you could look at something like the Corsair 88r, has everything you want except the rubber gromets for the holes. It is mATX, so not sure if this will fit you or not. 

88r is great but I fail to see where i could hide the cable extender pugs , especially the 24 pin one which is quite wide 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Something bold and profound about the collapse of Moore's law resulting in a massive

15 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'm going to look into that 200r thank you ;) 

1 minute ago, Raptor_zzr said:

I'm going to look into that 200r thank you ;) 

14 minutes ago, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

You could go with the corsair 200r. I'm from the u.s.a, and that case is around 60-70 us dollars which is around 55-65 euros.

18 minutes ago, Raptor_zzr said:

88r is great but I fail to see where i could hide the cable extender pugs , especially the 24 pin one which is quite wide 

IMG_3467.JPGIMG_3469.JPG

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

IMG_3467.JPGIMG_3469.JPG

Elaborate please ? 

Elaborate please ? 

Those are pictures of the inside of my wifes 88r showing you how it looks for cable management. Grantit its not the cleanest on my part, but gives you an idea. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Those are pictures of the inside of my wifes 88r showing you how it looks for cable management. Grantit its not the cleanest on my part, but gives you an idea. 

88R is a great case and with a little work it can look nice like your wife's pc right there , but I am worried about the length of my cable extensions plus the 20+4 pin extender is quite wide and I don't know if I can find a place to hide it , you seem to have some hands on experience can you tell ?

88R is a great case and with a little work it can look nice like your wife's pc right there , but I am worried about the length of my cable extensions plus the 20+4 pin extender is quite wide and I don't know if I can find a place to hide it , you seem to have some hands on experience can you tell ?

There is actually quite a large space to the right of the cable management holes that is indented behind where the SSD is mounted to manage excess cables

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

The cables will show through won't they though ? or is there some tie-down point there where I can set the cable flush with the case ?

The cables will show through won't they though ? or is there some tie-down point there where I can set the cable flush with the case ?

There is tie down points. If you look closely at the first picture, just to the right of the HDD there is a white zip tie that you can see. The cables you see sticking up are the PCIe cables for when I put in her graphics card.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

There is tie down points. If you look closely at the first picture, just to the right of the HDD there is a white zip tie that you can see. The cables you see sticking up are the PCIe cables for when I put in her graphics card.

Alright then , I will actually consider this case now , thank you . Sorr for the slue of questions xD 

Alright then , I will actually consider this case now , thank you . Sorr for the slue of questions xD 

Not a problem. Its a great little mATX case and extremely light as well. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig