RX 480 bottlenecked by A8 7600?

So I just bought the RX 480 and wanted to play some heavy games with max graphics but the problem was the fps was the same as or lower than my 750ti. 

Example, The Witcher 3 and Dying Light were able to get 45-60fps on my 750ti on medium settings, but the RX 480 was stuck at 40s fps on medium settings also!

Steam In-home streaming also had problems, example, Evolve Stage 2 could go +60fps on High settings on the 750ti (streaming to laptop through LAN 100mbps cable), meanwhile the RX 480 couldn't go any higher than 20fps on high settings with a lot of slow encoding.

Btw, my specs are:

GPU - Powercooler RX480 8GB Refference Model

CPU - AMD A8 7600

Mobo - GA-F2A88XM-D3HP

RAM - 2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz 

PSU - Enermax EMP500AGT +80

I was on a budget (and still am) when I was building this PC.

My questions are, is the CPU bottlenecking the GPU? Would an Athlon 4x 880K enough to fix this prob?

Thx :)

you've got a definite CPU bottleneck there

AMD cards in general require more CPU horsepower for a good experience

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Even though your cpu is bottlenecking the rx 480 the problem is definitely something to do with the drivers. Question did you uninstall your nvidia drivers before installing the amd ones?

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

you've got a definite CPU bottleneck there

AMD cards in general require more CPU horsepower for a good experience

Well, damn. So is their any FM2+ CPU that is good enough to power this GPU?

2 minutes ago, david cassar said:

Even though your cpu is bottlenecking the rx 480 the problem is definitely something to do with the drivers. Question did you uninstall your nvidia drivers before installing the amd ones?

Yeah, I uninstalled the nVidia and APU drivers using DDU. Then I reinstalled the chipset, then RX480 drivers to the newest.

5 minutes ago, awesomepants said:

Well, damn. So is their any FM2+ CPU that is good enough to power this GPU?

Not for less than about $100, really. At which point, it'd be more wise to save towards a new platform.

I'd sell your platform and go for i5-2500 or 4460 if you can afford it. Going still with FM2+ doesnt rly make sense, it was designed for entry level apu gaming

Evolve sounds really odd as I'm pretty sure my FX-4100/7850 can handle it better.

That is probably an issue with Steam and not your CPU or GPU.

That being said, Dying Light sounds very in line with the PS4 version of the game except you're hitting 45 far more often. Definite CPU limit there.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 hours ago, Kubon16 said:

I'd sell your platform and go for i5-2500 or 4460 if you can afford it. Going still with FM2+ doesnt rly make sense, it was designed for entry level apu gaming

Well, I guess I'll wait till next year to see what Zen has to offer. But yeah, the safest road to take seems to be Intel.

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Evolve sounds really odd as I'm pretty sure my FX-4100/7850 can handle it better.

That is probably an issue with Steam and not your CPU or GPU.

That being said, Dying Light sounds very in line with the PS4 version of the game except you're hitting 45 far more often. Definite CPU limit there.

'Cuz I thought that even tho the RX480 was bottlenecked by the CPU, it would be atleast have the same fps as the 750ti's fps. Guess I was wrong haha