I7 6700k vs. I7 6800k vs. I7 6850K vs. i7 6900k

Go to solution Solved by GirlFromYonder,
5 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

Hey guy.
Im building my new PC and after so many changes and un-changes (lol) i've finally decided on every part of my pc.
But then i received a response email from a YouTuber called Trap Nation (promotes electronic music) and he said that he uses an i7-5690x and a Titan X for his setup and it takes him around 40 minutes to render a 3-4min 1080p 60fps video like this:

If any of you are familiar with Adobe After Effects he is basically using 8-9 audio spectrums with different colors and he uses Soundkeys to control the movement of the logo along with snow particles.
for those of you who have seen the capabilities of those CPU's against an i7-5960x, just by calculating in your head and imagining the scenario's:
-How much does After Effect relies on GPU power for a render a project of this kind
-From bottom to up, from an i7 6700k to the i7 6900k how long would you estimate each CPU to render this video, if that is even possible.

my real problem in building my PC is understanding the difference in times of render with those CPUs since part of build is for gaming and part is for daily renders of videos like those.
So if i have an idea of how much the GPU is good for those renders and whats the difference between those CPUs when it comes to those kind of renders i feel like i will ultimately understand the price-performance of those CPUs and which one is worth buying for me.

i7-6700k has 4 core and 8 threads thus 70 mins

i7-6800k and 6850k have 6 cores 12 threads thus 55 mins

i7-6900k has 8 cores and 16 threads thus 35 mins

I think this is my estimate on the same cpu frequencys. My calculation has counted for IPC  

Hey guy.
Im building my new PC and after so many changes and un-changes (lol) i've finally decided on every part of my pc.
But then i received a response email from a YouTuber called Trap Nation (promotes electronic music) and he said that he uses an i7-5690x and a Titan X for his setup and it takes him around 40 minutes to render a 3-4min 1080p 60fps video like this:

If any of you are familiar with Adobe After Effects he is basically using 8-9 audio spectrums with different colors and he uses Soundkeys to control the movement of the logo along with snow particles.
for those of you who have seen the capabilities of those CPU's against an i7-5960x, just by calculating in your head and imagining the scenario's:
-How much does After Effect relies on GPU power for a render a project of this kind
-From bottom to up, from an i7 6700k to the i7 6900k how long would you estimate each CPU to render this video, if that is even possible.

my real problem in building my PC is understanding the difference in times of render with those CPUs since part of build is for gaming and part is for daily renders of videos like those.
So if i have an idea of how much the GPU is good for those renders and whats the difference between those CPUs when it comes to those kind of renders i feel like i will ultimately understand the price-performance of those CPUs and which one is worth buying for me.

5 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

Hey guy.

i7-6700k has 4 core and 8 threads thus 70 mins

i7-6800k and 6850k have 6 cores 12 threads thus 55 mins

i7-6900k has 8 cores and 16 threads thus 35 mins

I think this is my estimate on the same cpu frequencys. My calculation has counted for IPC  

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Have you watched Luke video on the 6950X review?

He did benchmark all the new line up of CPU + 6700k into the mix.

@DeezNoNosOMG if what you're saying is accurate then i really didn't have anything to worry about....
i was thinking the estimate will be more in the
i7 6700k - 5-6 hours
i7 6800k - 3 hours
i7 6850k - 2 hours
i7 5960x - 40 mins - 1 hour
i7 6950x - 20 mins

I don't know where i farted that estimate from but that was what i had in mind, if the difference is only 30 minutes and the price of the i7 6900k and i7 5960x is like 4x more then the i7 6700k then i will never buy that those kind of of cpus....
maybe in the future il buy a 6-8 core cpu when this one will be dead (3--5 years)  but only if their price point drops to the same price tag of the i7 6700k...
I see people asking about those cpus for just gaming and i freak out thinking "Why was i not born rich af af" lmao.

Well thanks a lot man you saved me a lot of headaches and searching, would thank you with a bj but im straight ^_^

8 minutes ago, Ichi said:

Have you watched Luke video on the 6950X review?

He did benchmark all the new line up of CPU + 6700k into the mix.

Yeah i did but i am not even nearly as professional as a guy who from those benchmarks can figure out the render time difference from those cps when it comes to 40 mins and up lmao

Btw which CPU would you choose if your priorities were to render videos like this and game on 1080p or 3440x1440p.
I know that the i7 6700k is the best for gaming but overall if i plan to have my pc for the next 3-5 years which CPU would be future proof for my use ?

19 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

@DeezNoNosOMG if what you're saying is accurate then i really didn't have anything to worry about....
i was thinking the estimate will be more in the
i7 6700k - 5-6 hours
i7 6800k - 3 hours
i7 6850k - 2 hours
i7 5960x - 40 mins - 1 hour
i7 6950x - 20 mins

I don't know where i farted that estimate from but that was what i had in mind, if the difference is only 30 minutes and the price of the i7 6900k and i7 5960x is like 4x more then the i7 6700k then i will never buy that those kind of of cpus....
maybe in the future il buy a 6-8 core cpu when this one will be dead (3--5 years)  but only if their price point drops to the same price tag of the i7 6700k...
I see people asking about those cpus for just gaming and i freak out thinking "Why was i not born rich af af" lmao.

Well thanks a lot man you saved me a lot of headaches and searching, would thank you with a bj but im straight ^_^

the 6700k has half the cores so it would be half as powerful not 4x.

LOL dear me ok :D:x:$:/

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

19 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

Btw which CPU would you choose if your priorities were to render videos like this and game on 1080p or 3440x1440p.
I know that the i7 6700k is the best for gaming but overall if i plan to have my pc for the next 3-5 years which CPU would be future proof for my use ?

well the 6 cores only cause dx12 uses extra cores and threads. but if u want to reduce rendering times go i7-6900k because the 6950x is crazy over priced $700 for 2 more cores. 

Anyway i render on my i3-2310M well till my mobo coems back from RMA 

Build

Spoiler