No Usb, Glitching Bios, and I think I am going Crazy

TheNuzziNuzz
Go to solution Solved by Beeeyeee,

you might need to RMA your mobo but it could also be the USB controller within the CPU.

I just put together this computer.

It posts on first try, and I get the mobo loading screen. I go to press the delete key, but the keyboard won't work. Fast forward troublshooting, no USB throughout the whole machine works. I find a p.2 keyboard, and got into the bios. Failed to make usb work that way.

Fast forward again:

I manage to get windows 10 Home installed with just a keyboard, and got remote desktop to work. I remote in, and install the mobo drivers, and everything else. Still no USB. Device manager says " couldn't start device" under Universal Serial XHCI or something like that. It was the ony thing referencing USB in any way in device manager.

I restart the computer, go to log in with just the p.2 keyboard, and it won't accept the password.

So that is where I am now. I have no F*%$@!G Clue what to do next. I have been working on this for over 7 hours, and just need a F*%$@!G break.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Computers r fun

The mobo also keeps derping. Like when I try to go to system recovery, it will load for a second, then stop giving me no video output at all. However the numlock button still toggles the light on the p.2 keyboard.

Computers r fun

also if you're getting a z170 motherboard. get a Pentium G4500 and overclock it. you'll get even more preformance than the i3. you'll only miss out on hyperthreading, plus its a lot cheaper

Too late. And I am getting the b150 Bazooka.

New one is on its way.

Computers r fun