New pc no signal

ZehPhish

So I just build my pc with a gtx 1080, 750w psu, i7 3770 and it turns on. However It will not give a signal to monitor which ran the pc previously, I have tried VGA and HDMI and still no signal. I have also unplugged and replugged the gpu to test and it didn't work. Help?

10 minutes ago, ZehPhish said:

So I just build my pc with a gtx 1080, 750w psu, i7 3770 and it turns on. However It will not give a signal to monitor which ran the pc previously, I have tried VGA and HDMI and still no signal. I have also unplugged and replugged the gpu to test and it didn't work. Help?

Are the GPU fans spinning when you turn the PC on?

You're sure you're plugging the video cables into the GPU and not the onboard/integrated graphics, right?

Check that the cables are firmly secured in both ends.

Make sure your PSU is adequate to power the 1080 (sounds like it is.) and that the proper PCI-E power is plugged in.

Make sure your monitor is set to the correct input.

It seems unlikely that both your VGA and HDMI cables would be bad.

If you unplug the GPU and plug back in to onboard graphics, does the monitor work then?

Also, I'm not entirely clear, and I think I missed this the first time - Is this a brand new build and your old computer worked fine with this monitor? Or is the GPU the part that's new.

Double Edit: How new is your motherboard? What model is your motherboard? It seems like some older chipsets (P67) may require a BIOS update to run the 3770k.

The monitor is acer and won't allow me to change any kind of input until it had a connection/signal :/

6 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

Are the GPU fans spinning when you turn the PC on?

You're sure you're plugging the video cables into the GPU and not the onboard/integrated graphics, right?

Check that the cables are firmly secured in both ends.

Make sure your PSU is adequate to power the 1080 (sounds like it is.) and that the proper PCI-E power is plugged in.

Make sure your monitor is set to the correct input.

It seems unlikely that both your VGA and HDMI cables would be bad.

If you unplug the GPU and plug back in to onboard graphics, does the monitor work then?

Also, I'm not entirely clear, and I think I missed this the first time - Is this a brand new build and your old computer worked fine with this monitor? Or is the GPU the part that's new.

What this guy said^^

Common mistakes are putting HDMI in MOBO when you have GPU installed.

1 minute ago, SauronsV said:

What this guy said^^

Common mistakes are putting HDMI in MOBO when you have GPU installed.

Yeah. After some reading I'd really like to know his motherboard model, if he's using an older mobo (P67 was the particular chipset I saw mentioned when I searched, there may be others) the issue is almost certainly that his motherboard requires a BIOS update before it can support the Ivy Bridge 3770k.

9 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

Yeah. After some reading I'd really like to know his motherboard model, if he's using an older mobo (P67 was the particular chipset I saw mentioned when I searched, there may be others) the issue is almost certainly that his motherboard requires a BIOS update before it can support the Ivy Bridge 3770k.

We can't update anything because we can't get anything up on the monitor 

1 minute ago, ZehPhish said:

We can't update anything because we can't get anything up on the monitor 

What model is your motherboard? It's your fault for not researching compatibility if the motherboard is an older chipset that's incompatible without a BIOS flash.