PC NOT WORKING!!!

Adisaur

Hey guys my friend built a PCwith me and it was running fine for around 4 days. Today however when we tried to turn it on, it would switch on for around 2 seconds then didn't respond! HELP PLEASE!!!! MOM PISSED AF!!

VID-20160715-WA0020.mp4

I agree, looks like a PSU issue.  If you just bought it, you may be able to RMA it?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

28 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

Hey guys my friend built a PCwith me and it was running fine for around 4 days. Today however when we tried to turn it on, it would switch on for around 2 seconds then didn't respond! HELP PLEASE!!!! MOM PISSED AF!!

VID-20160715-WA0020.mp4

first thing, never put ur pc on bed and turn it on or off, u can get electrocuted. 

second, what are specs? it will be almost impossible for anyone to help without knowing the basics. looks like Power supply issue.

u should check for connections. i.e, all the cable connections should be snug.

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

The friend happens to be me.

i3 6100, Sapphire R7 370 4GB, 4x2 Kingston HyperX Fury RAM, EVGA 600B PSU, Gigabyte H110M-A.

It was working fine until earlier today.

7 minutes ago, drdiabolical said:

The friend happens to be me.

i3 6100, Sapphire R7 370 4GB, 4x2 Kingston HyperX Fury RAM, EVGA 600B PSU, Gigabyte H110M-A.

9 minutes ago, Tech Lover said:

first thing, never put ur pc on bed and turn it on or off, u can get electrocuted. 

second, what are specs? it will be almost impossible for anyone to help without knowing the basics. looks like Power supply issue.

u should check for connections. i.e, all the cable connections should be snug.

11 minutes ago, Trey222 said:

What are the specs. 

14 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I agree, looks like a PSU issue.  If you just bought it, you may be able to RMA it?

35 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

link your whole specs

3 minutes ago, JamesPlayzGamesHD said:

600 WATTS WHAT!!!!!!!.

He needs drivers

How can he install drivers if the PC turns on for a few seconds?

Have you checked the fuse in the power lead? double checked all cables in the PC are properly seated, even if you think you've checked, check again, keep checking.  Ensure the GPU is seated properly, if all of this is quad-checked, then look at the CPU, is the CPU fan plugged into the correct header? is the CPU heatsink properly attached? is the CPU thermal compound okay, and is the CPU attached properly?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

5 minutes ago, JamesPlayzGamesHD said:

600 WATTS WHAT!!!!!!!.

He needs drivers

I need what?

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

How can he install drivers if the PC turns on for a few seconds?

Have you checked the fuse in the power lead? double checked all cables in the PC are properly seated, even if you think you've checked, check again, keep checking.  Ensure the GPU is seated properly, if all of this is quad-checked, then look at the CPU, is the CPU fan plugged into the correct header? is the CPU heatsink properly attached? is the CPU thermal compound okay, and is the CPU attached properly?

I've checked all of those and I shall again, but what's a fuse?

2 minutes ago, JamesPlayzGamesHD said:

Motherboard DRIVERS

Tell me, how does he install the drivers, if the computer won't stay powered on for more than a few seconds as you see in his attached video?

1 minute ago, drdiabolical said:

I've checked all of those and I shall again, but what's a fuse?

In the UK plug's we have a fuse inside the plug, if it's too low an amperage it can blow each time you try to power on the PC.  I'm not familiar with plugs outside of the UK :/

4 minutes ago, JamesPlayzGamesHD said:

Motherboard DRIVERS

I do, but I can't quite do that right now, can I?

41 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

VID-20160715-WA0020.mp4

take it outside, all the parts, put on a card box, mobo box if u have it, connect all the parts again to mobo outside of pc case. try to troubleshoot there. i have said it already, most of times it the loose connections that cause issues. 

try this and you would get a better idea.

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

1 minute ago, Tech Lover said:

take it outside, all the parts, put on a card box, mobo box if u have it, connect all the parts again to mobo outside of pc case. try to troubleshoot there. i have said it already, most of times it the loose connections that cause issues. 

try this and you would get a better idea.

It's entirely possible you attached the motherboard and missed a riser and as such the motherboard is contacting the case and causing a short.  

Seriously Tech Lovers suggestion is a solid one. 

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

It's entirely possible you attached the motherboard and missed a riser and as such the motherboard is contacting the case and causing a short.  

Seriously Tech Lovers suggestion is a solid one. 

It was working perfectly until now. What could've happened?

3 minutes ago, drdiabolical said:

It was working perfectly until now. What could've happened?

I am not sure without looking at the machine, hence TechLovers suggestion is a solid one.  It's a ballache I understand but it's the best way to move from here, and diagnose the issue.  If you do as he mentions and the computer works perfectly then we can move from there. 

7 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I am not sure without looking at the machine, hence TechLovers suggestion is a solid one.  It's a ballache I understand but it's the best way to move from here, and diagnose the issue.  If you do as he mentions and the computer works perfectly then we can move from thertheree

7 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I am not sure without looking at the machine, hence TechLovers suggestion is a solid one.  It's a ballache I understand but it's the best way to move from here, and diagnose the issue.  If you do as he mentions and the computer works perfectly then we can move from there. 

Any chance this might be a PSU issue? While rebuilding outside the case, I decided to plug my PSU tester in and see what happens. Same result.

6 minutes ago, drdiabolical said:

It could be possible, EVGA though has a very good track record.  If you have a warranty on it, may be worth while looking into their RMA procedure.

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

It could be possible, EVGA though has a very good track record.  If you have a warranty on it, may be worth while looking into their RMA procedure.

Alright, I'll finish off outside the box, and if that doesn't work, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's the PSU. Is there any chance it could be anything else? Also, I got the PSU from the US, and I'm in India. Is that an issue?

Oh, that could explain it somewhat possibly! 

India uses 240v at 50hz and the USA uses 120v at 60hz.  I assume all the other components are from the USA also? if this is the case it could just be an RMA on a DOA PSU, as some PSU's now I believe switch automatically from the US to other countries supplies.  

5 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Oh, that could explain it somewhat possibly! 

India uses 240v at 50hz and the USA uses 120v at 60hz.  I assume all the other components are from the USA also? if this is the case it could just be an RMA on a DOA PSU, as some PSU's now I believe switch automatically from the US to other countries supplies.  

English, please ?. And yeah, the parts are all from there.