I cant decide... help me!

Californication

I'm shopping for a new monitor and I am on a budget but not such a small one 500$/400GBP 

I cant decide between G sync, refresh rate and resolution.

I dont really care if the panel is IPS honestly, I just want something that will look good and will utilize my GPU's and put them to work. 

The decision is basically between 1080p with g sync and high refresh rates, to 1440P to 4K with low refresh rate.

Im gonna be using dual 1070's in SLI and i dont want a monitor bigger than 28".

I'd say 1440p 144hz, @27 inch.

I also tried ultrawide 1440p 120hz @34 inch, both were good.

I don't like 4k, too demanding

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

1 minute ago, .li0n said:

I'd say 1440p 144hz, @27 inch.

I also tried ultrawide 1440p 120hz @34 inch, both were good.

I don't like 4k, too demanding

34" is too big for me, Im considering this one 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014X4U076/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

but I'm not sure if I wanna hop on the G sync train. because i feel like if i wont now i wont in the near future.

4 minutes ago, Californication said:

34" is too big for me, Im considering this one 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014X4U076/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

but I'm not sure if I wanna hop on the G sync train. because i feel like if i wont now i wont in the near future.

I find G-Sync useless. I have an monitor that supports it, but I only used it once.

Just get an monitor that has low blue light. Asus doesn't have this.

I recommend BenQ.

What is your budget?

1 minute ago, .li0n said:

I find G-Sync useless. I have an monitor that supports it, but I only used it once.

Just get an monitor that has low blue light. Asus doesn't have this.

I recommend BenQ.

What is your budget?

500$/ 400GBP

whats blue light? 

Whether in the home or office, we find ourselves staring at computer monitors for hours on end. Today’s digital lifestyle brings with it increased health risks, especially for our eyes. Being in front of a computer all day increases the risk of Computer Vision Syndrome(CVS).

This means headaches, burning eyes, fatigue...

Low blue light monitors reduce the light and radiations, so your eyes will not burn after prolonged use.

Flicker free is a must, so I will recommend you an good monitor.

Get this, it's at 30% off, and has IPS too.

Bargain

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I had a 39" 4k screen as my monitor for about a year,  and I just felt like it was to big for me.  About 3 weeks ago after doing a new high end PC build for my HTC Vive setup, I decided I would go ahead and ""Downgrade" on my screen size.  When I was going through monitors I felt like  my main plans was to go dual 28" or 29" screens  (I was going to go dual because screen real estate is pretty important to me as a designer/CAD), but after lookingand looking and reading review after review I finally ended up making up my mind and going with a single 34" WQHD LG Curved Monitor instead of the dual setup. When I made this choice I kept second guessing my self as I awaited it to arrive, because I felt that maybe coming from a 39" to a 34" just wasn't going to make a big difference.  I tell you what tho,  when that new monitor came in, I COULD NOT be happier, it is a absolute perfect monitor in every way. 1) if you go with a 34" WQHD then I'm guessing that you will NOT feel like its to big because it really isnt, since monitors are measured for size from corner to corner then screen really doesn't come out to be the size you think in your head since its a WQHD  (Ultra Wide Screen), also I was kinda second guessing myself on coming from a 4k (3840×2160) to a UHD(3440×1440), again after using the monitor I am 100% happy with the choice! Also with it being a WQHD 21:9 screen, there is a HUGE amount of screen real estate.

So basically what I am saying is that even though you may not think you want a 34", if you go with a 34" WQHD then I think you would be 100% more than happy with the choice.  So just don't keep the 34" WQHD options off the table in my opinion. 

Have a good one, 

Rich 

43 minutes ago, UneekConcepts said:

I had a 39" 4k screen as my monitor for about a year,  and I just felt like it was to big for me.  About 3 weeks ago after doing a new high end PC build for my HTC Vive setup, I decided I would go ahead and ""Downgrade" on my screen size.  When I was going through monitors I felt like  my main plans was to go dual 28" or 29" screens  (I was going to go dual because screen real estate is pretty important to me as a designer/CAD), but after lookingand looking and reading review after review I finally ended up making up my mind and going with a single 34" WQHD LG Curved Monitor instead of the dual setup. When I made this choice I kept second guessing my self as I awaited it to arrive, because I felt that maybe coming from a 39" to a 34" just wasn't going to make a big difference.  I tell you what tho,  when that new monitor came in, I COULD NOT be happier, it is a absolute perfect monitor in every way. 1) if you go with a 34" WQHD then I'm guessing that you will NOT feel like its to big because it really isnt, since monitors are measured for size from corner to corner then screen really doesn't come out to be the size you think in your head since its a WQHD  (Ultra Wide Screen), also I was kinda second guessing myself on coming from a 4k (3840×2160) to a UHD(3440×1440), again after using the monitor I am 100% happy with the choice! Also with it being a WQHD 21:9 screen, there is a HUGE amount of screen real estate.

So basically what I am saying is that even though you may not think you want a 34", if you go with a 34" WQHD then I think you would be 100% more than happy with the choice.  So just don't keep the 34" WQHD options off the table in my opinion. 

Have a good one, 

Rich 

I dont want to go over the 30" barrier. and i want a higher resolution to fully utilize my cards so I'm not sure what to take. 

In my budget is either: 

* 4k 60hz

* 1440P 144HZ

*1080P 1440HZ G sync

im kinda leaning over to 4K, because i dont really play shooters that much which is the main reason to take a higher refreshrate monitor and my cards will run 4k no prob (2 way 1070)

On 7/15/2016 at 1:04 PM, Californication said:

I dont want to go over the 30" barrier. and i want a higher resolution to fully utilize my cards so I'm not sure what to take. 

In my budget is either: 

* 4k 60hz

* 1440P 144HZ

*1080P 1440HZ G sync

im kinda leaning over to 4K, because i dont really play shooters that much which is the main reason to take a higher refreshrate monitor and my cards will run 4k no prob (2 way 1070)

Well when I was doing my research,  again I was concerned about switching from the 4k to the 3440x1440 but I watched some videos and did some research and although its a bit of a older video this video is actually the thing that kinda eased my mind, and although the monitor Linus talks about here is not the exact model I got (which was the 34UC97-S) a lot of the specs were similar. When mine came in I was just as impressed and excited as Linus was in the video hehe. And I have a pretty beefy computer and it utilizes everything great imo. I mean I rock a I7 5820k with a Zotac Hybrid GTX 1080 graphics card. I guess everything is personal preference though. The way I look at it though, if I go back to 4k, its going to be a high quality 4k, but for sub $500 I would still stick with what I have.  But since you are wanting to stick around 28" (and sub 500), I have actually heard great things about the Samsung U28E590D I mean I know the "Popular" 4k Monitor right now is the Acer Predator but with a cost of like $750-800 for a 28", you would need to buy used  (one difference being the Samsung is FreeSync and Predator G Sync). Not sure how much I even helped with this post hehe, just from someone who has gamed with a high end rig on both 4k and 3440x1440, I just don't want to see you spend money on something you may not  (or barely) notice a difference with. Have a good one.