Problem with Y pin 4 pin conector

MasterLow

Hey guys I just received the y pin 4 pin splitter so i can use 1 fan header and 2 CPU fans but on the ends of 1 of the 4 pins there is only 3 pins!!!  post.cgi?id=attach:30:20545:370:2

Is this a problem??? because i want to connect the nactua nh-d15 to this cable so i can hook it up to my motherboard which has only 1 CPU fan header 

like this?

splitter.png

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

12 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

like this?

splitter.png

YES YES THATS IT!!!!

13 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

like this?

splitter.png

thats it except you connect 2 fans from 1 cpu cooler like the noctua nh-d15

well it should be fine, have you tried it yet?

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

I cant just yet because im in the process of receiving my new cou fan cooler. By the way I edited the post so this should be a bit more helpful. the cable is the exact same one that i have and the exact same missing pin

yeah dont worry about it, even if it had the pin only one of the fans transmits the rpm's to the motherboard

Oh so youre saying that 4 pins transmit the rpms to the motherboard but since there are 2 fans only one fan needs the extra pin because thats whats transmitting the rpms to the motherboard? while the other just rotates and or syncs with the first fan transmitting the rpms?

3 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

Oh so youre saying that 4 pins transmit the rpms to the motherboard but since there are 2 fans only one fan needs the extra pin because thats whats transmitting the rpms to the motherboard? while the other just rotates and or syncs with the first fan transmitting the rpms?

yep :P

1 minute ago, xGGAx said:

yep :P

Thanks so much for the help!!!

anytime :)