Hey every1 I just entered a fundraiser with my friends , in which we have to cook . We have selected French fries as our dish .

I was just wondering if , 1litre of Sunflower Oil is enough for making french fries for like 70 to 80 people ???

Please reply fast . Thanks in advance . ;) 

I have no idea how much is enough, but remember to cook them in several stages! 

Oh and use dripping if you can!! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

On 7/14/2016 at 11:03 PM, Nup said:

I have no idea how much is enough, but remember to cook them in several stages! 

What

1 minute ago, Runelight said:

What

Fry them once, take them out, then at a higher temp fry them again :) 

The first stage cooks them through, and the second makes them crispy on the outside, while keeping the inside fluffy! 

Some people even do it three times. 

Also just asked and for about 60 people should be at least 5 litres. 

Depends on how you cook them.  Potatoe strain can effect the quality of the fries too.

In an ideal world, I cut the potatoes up into 12mmx12mm strips.  They get washed and are allowed to sit in a salt water bath for up to a day.  Next the fries are lowered into a rolling boil, just long enough to soften up the outside, but the inside is still raw.  These are allowed to cool.

Then deep fry until golden, occasionally taste testing until you get the consistency you want.

My deep frier holds 4L of cooking oil, I can safely fit about two servings worth of fries at a time.

An important note, the oil is also a thermal mass, the more fries you cook, the more energy that is absorbed from the oil.  I try to avoid over loading the oil so it doesn't cool too much.

A average commercial fryer holds 2.5 gallons (about 10L) of oil and can handle 7-8 4oz portions of fries and a time so you're probably going to need something much bigger.  If you've cooking outdoors, a propane turkey style fryer would your best bet.

6 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

occasionally taste testing until you get the consistency you want.

"Occasionally"

Yeah... I wouldn't do well with that.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

What deep fryer are you using? You may want to look at hiring a commercial single or dual burner unit for the cooking, not trying to use something consumer.

Biggest issue you'll have is when adding more fries in, the sudden drop in oil temp. Consumer fryers can take a while to recover from that temperature drop while commercial ones, containing significantly more oil don't normally care.

On 7/15/2016 at 11:30 AM, Windspeed36 said:

What deep fryer are you using? You may want to look at hiring a commercial single or dual burner unit for the cooking, not trying to use something consumer.

Biggest issue you'll have is when adding more fries in, the sudden drop in oil temp. Consumer fryers can take a while to recover from that temperature drop while commercial ones, containing significantly more oil don't normally care.

Well I am not using a deep fryer . I am using a stove . Also the total time limit of the program is from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM that is about 4 hours. Also there isnt much preparation time . Also the given Oil is about 1 Litre . And how can I make for about 70 people with 1 litre . Any Idea anyone .

2 hours ago, Runelight said:

Well I am not using a deep fryer . I am using a stove . Also the total time limit of the program is from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM that is about 4 hours. Also there isnt much preparation time . Also the given Oil is about 1 Litre . And how can I make for about 70 people with 1 litre . Any Idea anyone .

get a freaking huge boil and put the oil,heat it up,and fire up all your potatoes at once,i think this should help

4 hours ago, Runelight said:

If you're that limited on oil, you might be better suited to bake the fries rather than trying to fry them.

I heard fries you buy are already pre-done. raw potatoes to fries takes hours.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list