Anybody know where I can find the RX 480 in stock?

Okjoek

I can't find the card at its MSRP of 200 dollars in-stock anywhere online. I'm going to try the nearest Best Buy next Wednesday, but if anybody knows where I can find it sooner online that'd be great. Again, not the 8GB version that I keep seeing at much higher prices, just the 4GB version is what I need.

2 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

You already have an R9 390. The 480 performs around the same, it's not worth it.

No I don't actually. I haven't updated the sig in a while. I was just using the card for a while until my younger brother got some parts he needed.

Besides even if I did the RX 480 is much more power efficient. Nearly half the TDP for a card that performs roughly the same.

I'm currently using an HD 8350

I'd wait until the benchmarks on the 1060 hit. Only a few more days.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

No I don't actually. I haven't updated the sig in a while. I was just using the card for a while until my younger brother got some parts he needed.

Besides even if I did the RX 480 is much more power efficient. Nearly half the TDP for a card that performs roughly the same.

I'm currently using an HD 8350

Oh, okay, I assumed you had one because of the signature. I think the 4GB model isn't out yet, so get 8GB or wait.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

I don't want an Nvidia card. I don't buy from them and it wouldn't even take advantage of my Freesync monitor.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

hes not after that price point.

It's 250us for the 6g, 10 bucks more than the 8g 480. That's lunch xD 

3 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I don't want an Nvidia card. I don't buy from them and it wouldn't even take advantage of my Freesync monitor.

If you have Freesync than yeah get the 480 no doubt. 

So wait for the Nitro, better card and has a bad ass backplate

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Aren't 1060 benchmarks dropping today?

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

**** off, I was giving them options. 50 bucks is a tank of gas, and can make a huge difference in the price to performance. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Aren't 1060 benchmarks dropping today?

Not yet. We still have to wait. Though there was a new Vulkan video floating around showing the 480 being only 15% behind the 1070 with full A-sync enabled. Apparently hardware-support for that will become critical with Vulkan and DX12 as it offers over 35% more performance compared to a singular pipeline

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

**** off, I was giving them options. 50 bucks is a tank of gas, and can make a huge difference in the price to performance. 

Keep in mind - the first few 1060s will be 300$ till yields stabilize :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Not yet. We still have to wait. Though there was a new Vulkan video floating around showing the 480 being only 15% behind the 1070 with full A-sync enabled. Apparently hardware-support for that will become critical with Vulkan and DX12 as it offers over 35% more performance compared to a singular pipeline

Vulkan is pretty exciting, but that's one game and Nvidia hasn't drop their driver for the update yet. Not saying it's not impressive though. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Vulkan is pretty exciting, but that's one game and Nvidia hasn't drop their driver for the update yet. Not saying it's not impressive though. 

This is the problem with driver-based A-sync "support"  - it relies on heavy driver work for each individual game - it's much easier to get a decent hardware scheduler and add 10W to power draw.

Also - found this and am laughing my ass off

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Keep in mind - the first few 1060s will be 300$ till yields stabilize :P

Maybe, few board partners have MSRP models ready to go already. Just don't know which ones will launch first. 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Maybe, few board partners have MSRP models ready to go already. Just don't know which ones will launch first. 

This is the problem with driver-based A-sync "support"  - it relies on heavy driver work for each individual game - it's much easier to get a decent hardware scheduler and add 10W to power draw.

Also - found this and am laughing my ass off

The main problem is async costs performance for Nvidia, but Vulkan boosts performance. Look at Gamer Nexus, their video showed an impressive boost in performance in Vulkan playing Doom while using FXAA that disables async using the 1080. Huge boost actually. No one uses settings that cost performance without offering anything in return. So to be fair to both you have to compare at different settings, which no reviewer will do in their right mind. 

I'm much happier about how the 290, 390, and Fury X performed than the 480. Those players paid top dollar for their hardware and deserve the boost.

The main problem is async costs performance for Nvidia, but Vulkan boosts performance. Look at Gamer Nexus, their video showed an impressive boost in performance in Vulkan playing Doom while using FXAA that disables async using the 1080. Huge boost actually. No one uses settings that cost performance without offering anything in return. So to be fair to both you have to compare at different settings, which no reviewer will do in their right mind. 

I'm much happier about how the 290, 390, and Fury X performed than the 480. Those players paid top dollar for their hardware and deserve the boost.

Well - you said it yourself - it reduces performance because the scheduler on Pascal/Maxwell is tosh and requires heavy driver work to even work as intended - that's why having hardware-level support is better than software-level.

Well - you said it yourself - it reduces performance because the scheduler on Pascal/Maxwell is tosh and requires heavy driver work to even work as intended - that's why having hardware-level support is better than software-level.

My guess is well see different API options in the games options for years, like picking the AA xD 

On topic, Don will back me up that if you can hold out the Sapphire will probably be one of the best 480s and be worth the wait. Wish it would launch already. Crossing my fingers it hits 1500mhz.

My guess is well see different API options in the games options for years, like picking the AA xD 

On topic, Don will back me up that if you can hold out the Sapphire will probably be one of the best 480s and be worth the wait. Wish it would launch already. Crossing my fingers it hits 1500mhz.

Agreed - Sapphire would probably be best. In other news - 280 RMA seems to be going well. With any luck I might get a 480 from Asus :D

Agreed - Sapphire would probably be best. In other news - 280 RMA seems to be going well. With any luck I might get a 480 from Asus :D

I will cross my remaining finger in support. 

The ASUS 480 actually looks pretty bad ass. We'll have to see how it cools though. 

I will cross my remaining finger in support. 

The ASUS 480 actually looks pretty bad ass. We'll have to see how it cools though. 

I honestly want a blower card. I'm not one to OC and I REALLY like blower coolers.