Setup AP with WPA2-PSK (URGENT)

jarodlee88
Go to solution Solved by InVis,

Why do you think that writing "URGENT" in the topic will get you any special treatment?

Anyway - If its a "normal" access point, it should get an IP address from DHCP.

So I would guess that you need to reset the AP and not connect it to your router in order to to make it use the pre-configured IP address.

If you know how, you could log into your router and see if the AP has got an IP address from the DHCP server in the router by looking in the DHCP lease table and then log into the AP via that IP instead of the one defined in the manual.

If the AP has its own DHCP server, you might be able to find the IP from one of your connected clients by looking for the Gateway address in the IP config of that device.

Hope this helps.

So, a few years ago, I bought a mini access point in Japan for personal use. Back then, I didn't cared about security so I left the SSID unprotected but would love to enable a password (WPA2) so that my neighbours won't use my wifi. The only problem is that the manual is in Japanese thus I do not understand anything. Below are links for the access point and its manual.

http://logitec.co.jp/products/wlan/lanw150nap/index.php - AP info

https://www.logitec.co.jp/MANUAL/lanw150nap_um_v01.pdf - Manual

The problem i'm having is that I can't access the UI to enable the password. I have set my PC's IP to 192.168.2.101 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and tried entering https://192.168.2.200/ into Microsoft Edge and nothing happens. If I'm not mistaken, that's what the manual says. Anyone who has similar or the same product please help me or anyone who is an expert in access points please help.

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, jarodlee88 said:

So, a few years ago, I bought a mini access point in Japan for personal use. Back then, I didn't cared about security so I left the SSID unprotected but would love to enable a password (WPA2) so that my neighbours won't use my wifi. The only problem is that the manual is in Japanese thus I do not understand anything. Below are links for the access point and its manual.

http://logitec.co.jp/products/wlan/lanw150nap/index.php - AP info

https://www.logitec.co.jp/MANUAL/lanw150nap_um_v01.pdf - Manual

The problem i'm having is that I can't access the UI to enable the password. I have set my PC's IP to 192.168.2.101 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and tried entering https://192.168.2.200/ into Microsoft Edge and nothing happens. If I'm not mistaken, that's what the manual says. Anyone who has similar or the same product please help me or anyone who is an expert in access points please help.

Thanks in advance.

Just translate the Japanese to English using the google translate app.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

2 hours ago, sissj said:

Just translate the Japanese to English using the google translate app.

I've done that already but the translation is horrible. I couldn't understand much but I've already tried to enter the setup but I still couldn't get the UI to come out. So I'm asking others for any other methods to do it or anyone who has similar experiences with these products. Thanks anyways!

Why do you think that writing "URGENT" in the topic will get you any special treatment?

So I would guess that you need to reset the AP and not connect it to your router in order to to make it use the pre-configured IP address.

If you know how, you could log into your router and see if the AP has got an IP address from the DHCP server in the router by looking in the DHCP lease table and then log into the AP via that IP instead of the one defined in the manual.

If the AP has its own DHCP server, you might be able to find the IP from one of your connected clients by looking for the Gateway address in the IP config of that device.

Hope this helps.

On 14 July 2016 at 5:36 PM, InVis said:

Hope this helps.

Thanks man. I'm honestly new here so I wouldn't know if writting urgent would help. I need to give to my sister as she's going to study overseas soon. I don't here to use an unprotected WIFi network so I thought this forum could help. Thanks once again.