Which Router Is better?

AlanAlan

The AC 1200 would be the better one between the two, but I would save up for a better router if you can. If you buy a cheap $20 one, you're gonna realize its terrible, then spend another $20 on another one, and another one, and another one, etc. Its better just to buy a really good router once. Try something like the ASUS RT-AC66U. Several of my friends have had it ever since it came out, never had any issues.

56 minutes ago, Fluffyvoir said:

The AC 1200 would be the better one between the two, but I would save up for a better router if you can. If you buy a cheap $20 one, you're gonna realize its terrible, then spend another $20 on another one, and another one, and another one, etc. Its better just to buy a really good router once. Try something like the ASUS RT-AC66U. Several of my friends have had it ever since it came out, never had any issues.

51 minutes ago, ybriK said:

2.4GHz > 5GHz if we're talking about range.

How about these?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Wireless-Dual-Band-Archer-C50/dp/B0168G0KZY/ref=sr_1_28?s=prime-day&psr=PD16&ie=UTF8&qid=1468332474&sr=1-28&keywords=Network+router

Or

What's a good google onhub router alternatives?

27 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

It honestly depends on what you're exactly doing, is it LAN file management or WAN use. If it's LAN such as transferring files or streaming files then get the one with the highest bandwidth you can afford and ensure your wireless devices can use 5GHz frequency as that provides significantly more bandwidth compared to 2.4GHz BUT sacrifice of range. If it's WAN (Internet) you're better off with any $20-$40 router as I highly doubt you'll saturate the bandwidth your router can provide due to ISP limitation unless you can easily saturate 300Mbps aka 40MB/s down then go for something better.

1 hour ago, ybriK said:

It honestly depends on what you're exactly doing, is it LAN file management or WAN use. If it's LAN such as transferring files or streaming files then get the one with the highest bandwidth you can afford and ensure your wireless devices can use 5GHz frequency as that provides significantly more bandwidth compared to 2.4GHz BUT sacrifice of range. If it's WAN (Internet) you're better off with any $20-$40 router as I highly doubt you'll saturate the bandwidth your router can provide due to ISP limitation unless you can easily saturate 300Mbps aka 40MB/s down then go for something better.

Thanks for the information, I should get a good router in the long run. It wouldn't degrade as easily and has better internet reliability. 

so do you think the Archer C50 is a good router as an access point?