Hello I come here with a big issue that I have had for awhile maybe 2 years?

Danielh90

So I play minecraft and when I try and connect to ANY server I get bad lag right when I login and sometimes I can't even play because it so bad. I have figure it out that is my internet but I have the best internet that I can get where I live so I was thinking I have ton of technology another computers phones, laptop etc I have 6 people living in my house right now. Its all going threw one router so after thinking about the router is getting hammered a ton. So I was wonder if I bought another router and split half of the device go on one and the other half go on another would that balance the internet and would that fix my minecraft issue? (Hope this all makes sense) 

4 minutes ago, Danielh90 said:

So I play minecraft and when I try and connect to ANY server I get bad lag right when I login and sometimes I can't even play because it so bad. I have figure it out that is my internet but I have the best internet that I can get where I live so I was thinking I have ton of technology another computers phones, laptop etc I have 6 people living in my house right now. Its all going threw one router so after thinking about the router is getting hammered a ton. So I was wonder if I bought another router and split half of the device go on one and the other half go on another would that balance the internet and would that fix my minecraft issue? (Hope this all makes sense) 

Classic wifi interference. If you do get a 2nd router and put it in Access Point mode only and on a separate wireless channel from your other router, it could help. Routers have channels on the 2.4ghz range from 1 to 11. Only 1, 6, 11 do NOT overlap. So best would be to get a wifi analyzer and check for interference around you before deciding which channels to set them at. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Classic wifi interference. If you do get a 2nd router and put it in Access Point mode only and on a separate wireless channel from your other router, it could help. Routers have channels on the 2.4ghz range from 1 to 11. Only 1, 6, 11 do NOT overlap. So best would be to get a wifi analyzer and check for interference around you before deciding which channels to set them at. 

Ok my computer is ethernet connected not wireless. 

First and foremost, try playing with your PC connected to your router via Ethernet instead of Wifi. If that doesn't help, we'll try other stuff.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Dargenfire said:

First and foremost, try playing with your PC connected to your router via Ethernet instead of Wifi. If that doesn't help, we'll try other stuff.

My pc is connect to ethernet :) still having the issue. 

Are you able to access Quality of Service settings on your router? (QoS)

This is basically a VIP list that can tell the router to prioritise the packets of data Minecraft is sending through the router (basically skipping the queue that causes latency issues).

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Dargenfire said:

Are you able to access Quality of Service settings on your router? (QoS)

This is basically a VIP list that can tell the router to prioritise the packets of data Minecraft is sending through the router (basically skipping the queue that causes latency issues).

I believe so Also I read something saying that routers can block ports if they get used a ton could that be the case? 

5 minutes ago, Danielh90 said:

Ok my computer is ethernet connected not wireless. 

if your ethernet, then likely getting a 2nd router will do nothing to help. You can have all the different routers you want, but it all still goes through one pipe, your ISP modem. Sounds like with many people on and using it, you are out of bandwidth and nothing you can do will help that unless you can get faster provisioning from your ISP.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

if your ethernet, then likely getting a 2nd router will do nothing to help. You can have all the different routers you want, but it all still goes through one pipe, your ISP modem. Sounds like with many people on and using it, you are out of bandwidth and nothing you can do will help that unless you can get faster provisioning from your ISP.

Ok or remove devices? 

1 minute ago, Danielh90 said:

Ok or remove devices? 

Yea, best thing to test this is to shut down/stop using those other devices and see if the issue continues. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Yea, best thing to test this is to shut down/stop using those other devices and see if the issue continues. 

Ok Thank you :)