razer blade 2016 !!

hi guys i was considering buying the new razer blade 2016 so i was wondering how is it . never bought anything from razer ,... need to know 

most importnat is it is performance . and has anyone try 3D graphics and 3D rendering and photo editing on it how does it holds and how is the heat with it ......

1- build quality of it 

2- general performance

3- screen 

4- battery 

5- keyboard 

6- other 

2 things to say about razer lappys:

1. They run really hot and in my opinion, they really need a heatspreader soldered onto the heatpipes as thermal paste filling the gaps between the pipes aren't good enough

2. Overpriced :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 seems good

2 good until it starts thermal throttling after hours of use or much faster after a few months when dust has accumulated inside.

3 good

4 sucks like every laptop, especially when you are actually using it and not just checking emails. Also batteries degrade a lot over time due to the heat dissipated to them from the laptop's electronics

5 It's a laptop keyboard, no biggie here. But it has RGB if you are up for this fluff

6 Don't expect it to last more than a couple of years. Overheating is just too dangerous for the hardware. With the new cooling system you won't feel it that much which makes it even more dangerous since you won't realise when the cooler got clogged up with dust until it starts shutting down on it's own. Plus it will completely skullf@ck the battery

5 minutes ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

1 seems good

2 good until it starts thermal throttling after hours of use or much faster after a few months when dust has accumulated inside.

3 good

4 sucks like every laptop, especially when you are actually using it and not just checking emails. Also batteries degrade a lot over time due to the heat dissipated to them from the laptop's electronics

5 It's a laptop keyboard, no biggie here. But it has RGB if you are up for this fluff

6 Don't expect it to last more than a couple of years. Overheating is just too dangerous for the hardware. With the new cooling system you won't feel it that much which makes it even more dangerous since you won't realise when the cooler got clogged up with dust until it starts shutting down on it's own. Plus it will completely skullf@ck the battery

do you own a one is that a review from some one who used razer for sometime or long time ?

1 minute ago, hajoon said:

do you own a one is that a review from some one who used razer for sometime or long time ?

A friend of mine did. And I know a lot of others that can testify to the fact that razer products generally don't hold that long. Linus and other reviewers never experience this degradation when they switch laptops every few months. And also I can't say for sure that the 2016 edition won't last more than a couple of years because there hasn't been enough time since launch, but even linus on his review said that the new cooler does not really decrease temperatures on the actual hardware, it just takes it away from the user. 

3 minutes ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

A friend of mine did. And I know a lot of others that can testify to the fact that razer products generally don't hold that long. Linus and other reviewers never experience this degradation when they switch laptops every few months. And also I can't say for sure that the 2016 edition won't last more than a couple of years because there hasn't been enough time since launch, but even linus on his review said that the new cooler does not really decrease temperatures on the actual hardware, it just takes it away from the user. 

aha i get it now ... then can you recommend some other laptops with same specs  o a little higher o lower no difference but most important for me the laptop must look premium yet power full ... thank you for your help

1 minute ago, hajoon said:

aha i get it now ... then can you recommend some other laptops with same specs  o a little higher o lower no difference but most important for me the laptop must look premium yet power full ... thank you for your help

No idea mate really, high end laptops suffer from these problems in general, and overheating specifically. My laptop with a very mediocre gpu goes up to 85 C almost every day in summer if I try to game on it and I replaced the entire f@cking fan a couple months ago. If you want a premium laptop go with a macbook pro or if you want windows there is that asus zenbook that I think got updated to skylake but I might be wrong. If you want it to look gaming but not too crazy or bulky then razer is your only choise.

Actually I'd get the version without a GPU on it and the thunderbolt GPU enclosure. That way you can actually game decently with like a 480 or 1060 when at home but carry it around and not have too much heat and such when you need it on the move.

GPU enclosures for laptops really need to become the next thing and such they're still portable when needed and deal with the problem of gpu power and heat infinitely better than even the most robust, back breaking heavy laptop could ever hope to.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Actually I'd get the version without a GPU on it and the thunderbolt GPU enclosure. That way you can actually game decently with like a 480 or 1060 when at home but carry it around and not have too much heat and such when you need it on the move.

GPU enclosures for laptops really need to become the next thing and such they're still portable when needed and deal with the problem of gpu power and heat infinitely better than even the most robust, back breaking heavy laptop could ever hope to.

so you are saying . should i buy it or not ?

Yes a laptop without a dgpu and an enclosure is better than a laptop with a dgpu and inadequate cooling. The problem right now is that those enclosures cost as much as a mid-range desktop rig

50 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

CALLING @Dackzy MAN THE FORT IN YOUR DRUNKEN STUPOR! 

do you think that it has gotten any better? Oh well razer blades are utter shit in every single way, support bad, build bad, temps really bad, no quality control.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

This is wrong. Current eGPU solutions are terrible. The Alienware one, yes the alienware one of 2 years is better than the current TB3 tech. 

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Not the razer blade. 2016 but the one called razer blade stealth (I know, can't name products worth shit these guys):

This is even worst. That dual-core I7 will bottleneck everything. I mean even a RX480 is bottlenecked by it. Oh. And it overheats. 

7 hours ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

Yes a laptop without a dgpu and an enclosure is better than a laptop with a dgpu and inadequate cooling. The problem right now is that those enclosures cost as much as a mid-range desktop rig

Beyond the cost, there's a high technological restriction. Current eGPU's run on nvidia optimus. Which means, the eGPU is a number cruncher, not a true eGPU. There's tons of software issues that will be need to dealt with. And the TB3 40gbs bandwidth is WAAAAAY worst than the advertised PCIE 3.0 4x. Because the entire bandwidth is NOT allocated for eGPU exclusively. If you need to send the signal back to your laptop. Bandwidth gone. If you plug in ANYTHING into that enclosure. Bandwidth gone. In the BEST optimal conditions, you'll get 80 to 85% scaling. GG. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

2 hours ago, Pendragon said:

This is wrong. Current eGPU solutions are terrible. The Alienware one, yes the alienware one of 2 years is better than the current TB3 tech. 

This is even worst. That dual-core I7 will bottleneck everything. I mean even a RX480 is bottlenecked by it. Oh. And it overheats. 

Beyond the cost, there's a high technological restriction. Current eGPU's run on nvidia optimus. Which means, the eGPU is a number cruncher, not a true eGPU. There's tons of software issues that will be need to dealt with. And the TB3 40gbs bandwidth is WAAAAAY worst than the advertised PCIE 3.0 4x. Because the entire bandwidth is NOT allocated for eGPU exclusively. If you need to send the signal back to your laptop. Bandwidth gone. If you plug in ANYTHING into that enclosure. Bandwidth gone. In the BEST optimal conditions, you'll get 80 to 85% scaling. GG. 

85% scaling is pretty decent for most people. Just don't plug anything on the enclosure, why would you need to. Anyway I'm writting this from my own experience, laptops with discrete gpus are terrible in therms of overheating. There is no physical way to cramp high end hardware on a laptop.

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Fair points (I took a closer look at the stats on the ultra book and you're right: dual core won't cut it specially if it's likely to throttle) but curious as to why you think all eGPU solutions are terrible. Pricewise? Yeah I can see a heavy early adopter tax but not unlike VR headsets.

The concept however I think is far better than just slapping a powerful enough CPU and GPU on a laptop pressed for space and thermals.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Razer sucks rocks. Fuck them.

Experience: a 2015 rb qhd, a blade stealth, and a razer core. Do not support them. It isn't just the hardware, it's the way they treat their customers with complete contempt.

Check out a gigabyte aero 14. It sounds like what you might want.

There are a ton of desktop grade laptops. Granted they aren't slim, but then again neither is your desktop. Reason why most people encounter heat problems on ultra thin gaming laptops is because they're ultra thin. It not thermally possible to dissipate hundreds of watts in a thin chassis. 

@Misanthrope the concept of eGPU is amazing. I've been waiting for it forever. I'm just saying the tech right now isn't mature enough to warrant purchase. It's still first gen, there are a ton of issues. It's like you mentioned early adapters tax, but early adapters also pay to "beta test" these things for the much more refined second gen. If you have boat loads of money, by all means, having eGPU is better than to not have it at all. 

@Eason85 I'm actually quite curious about the aero 14. Looks thin enough to overheat, but maybe gigabyte really cracked it. The 1440p screens is so blessed I wish it was industry industry standard. The jump from 1080p to 4k was ridiculous. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

7 hours ago, Pendragon said:

There are a ton of desktop grade laptops. Granted they aren't slim, but then again neither is your desktop. Reason why most people encounter heat problems on ultra thin gaming laptops is because they're ultra thin. It not thermally possible to dissipate hundreds of watts in a thin chassis. 

@Misanthrope the concept of eGPU is amazing. I've been waiting for it forever. I'm just saying the tech right now isn't mature enough to warrant purchase. It's still first gen, there are a ton of issues. It's like you mentioned early adapters tax, but early adapters also pay to "beta test" these things for the much more refined second gen. If you have boat loads of money, by all means, having eGPU is better than to not have it at all. 

@Eason85 I'm actually quite curious about the aero 14. Looks thin enough to overheat, but maybe gigabyte really cracked it. The 1440p screens is so blessed I wish it was industry industry standard. The jump from 1080p to 4k was ridiculous. 

@Pendragon I haven't personally gotten hands-on with the Aero 14 (Gigabyte didn't think we were big enough to warrant sending a review sample, unfortunately) but a couple people on NBR have shared their experiences with it. They are both very happy with it in the end, one of them returning his RB 2016 for the Aero.

There are a couple of things though - 

* seems the fans rev up and down

* one guy's screen is a bit loose and wobbles when he moves it, the other's screen is just right. allows one-handed opening on both

* one says the trackpad is perfect, the other says the deadzone is too high