[Project] KTM RC8R

Greedy

[Project] KTM RC8R

XR8KDby.jpg

Overall, this will be a pretty simple build, but it will be a comprehensive and extensive log with a just a bit of ingenuity and slight difference. No, I don't have this motorcycle but one day......

Anyways, aside from my other hopes and dreams, this build is based in part of this particular beauty of a bike and also from Linus himself. How exactly? Well, what made me interested in this scheme was his unboxing/overview most of the components I chose in my build and I have to agree with him in his videos. All these parts just look marvelous without being flamboyant as all hell. Orange isn't my favorite color or anything but it simply looks good on every piece of hardware that has utilized it and it also isn't your typical color (I'm looking at you all you plain black, white, red and blue builds <_<). Lastly, I would like to the Linus team for all the great content as they have been very informative for me. Keep up the quality videos!

I have done a few builds for my friends but ironically this will be my own first real build for personal use. 

Now onwards...

COMPONENT LIST

* Indicates a video unboxing done by LinusTechTips. Go check them out.

Case                      : Thermaltake Chaser A31

CPU                        : Intel i7-4770k Haswell *

CPU Cooler         : Thermalright Silver Arrow EXTREME SB-E *

Motherboard     : Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC (unboxed the more costly OC Force version)

Memory               : G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 C9 1.5v

: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 C9 1.5v *

GPU                        : Galaxy GeForce GTX 770 HOF 2GB *(unboxed 680 version)

Power Supply    : PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750W 80+ Gold *(unboxed other wattages)

Storage                 : SSD - Samsung 830 256GB as OS drive *

: HDD - WD Cavier Blue 500GB (from previous PC)

Case Fan              : Xigmatek XLF-F1253 120mm White LED x3

: BitFenix Spectre PWM BFF-BLF-P12025O-RP 120mm Orange LED x1

LED                       : Bitfenix Alchemy LED Strip Orange 12cm *(unboxed other colors)

: LOGISYS ML12WT LED Sunlight Stick White

Keyboard           : Logitech G710+ *

Monitor              : Acer GD235HZbid 120Hz 23.6" *

Modding itself isn't done too much and as for my decision for deciding air cooling, its silver and EXTREME. :) My only other option I had in mind was the Silverstone Tundra TD02 but my only gripe about that was the horrid tubing and I don't wanna bother with custom cooling.

I also didn't pick a newer Samsung SSD Since I merely preferred the brushed metallic over matte finish.

I already have externals for storage so no need for any new disk drives.

Now to the actual log process.

COMPONENTS

F50AoXj.jpg

EXTREME

This thing is HUGE!

JRd45KC.jpg

GPU

Need I explain? lol

A970aXC.jpg

For those who have an interest in this card, the 770 HOF doesn't actually have any thorough reviews to my suprise, but u can find unboxings/reviews of the 680 White Edition which is essentially the same card but GALAXY just didn't brand  it as HOF and it has a slightly different cooler color.

TESTING

Yay, building!

LN4el61.jpg

lvdUDKp.jpg

ru37uhr.jpg

4hYtpux.jpg

Everything checks out fine.

EXTREME FANS

Now for the silver arrow fans, I merely painted the red frame black but still kept the blades orange.

RFSXEwd.jpg

ghetto pray painting. I live in an apartment so the kitchen will suffice :D.

A problem arose when I couldnt figure out how to take apart TY-147 fans so i just had to improvise (covering them profusely in tape) Yeah I know....but it worked!

rvpILWn.jpg

Used Krylon Fusion 2421 Satin Black Spray Paint

CASE

As for this I personally love the visual. It has a rugged/clean design element on the front that's uniform from top to bottom, but the blue trim I absolutely could not stand it, so silver spray paint fixed it nicely!

The original front panel (forgot to take a picture lol)

iHbAPPI.jpg

The new front panel.

8VTQauC.jpg

Used Krylon Fusion 2338 Metallic Shimmer Nickel Spray Paint

BACK SIDE PANEL?

This was an idea I had not really seen much, if any, at all. I see all these builds with (mostly) such immaculate cable management and sleeving (mostly :D) yet it gets shoved to the side in a cramped crevice where nobody sees the majority of the cables. I didn't sleeve my cables as I didn't really need to, but instead I did this. :)

RS7XfeE.jpg

o7cTPPF.jpg

byO38v9.jpg

True cable management my friends.

Maybe might sleeve the 24 pin if I feel like learning how to and getting supplies. :/

Cutting the back side panel. Looks just like the front lol

tF1qlZ5.jpg

Used 1/16" Polycarbonate Lexan. 1/8" is too thick in my opinion.

I did likewise with the SSD as well which will show later.

RAM

Another subtle yet clever little tweak was the RAM. Why use 4 of the same RAM sticks? In my opinion, it seems a bit redundant to have something four times. Two of the same stick is more than enough so then you can get another good-looking pair and match them. It still looks uniform but unique.

zQub3Wl.jpg

COMPLETE

A couple fixes later...

here is the final build

jndXOEB.jpg

nMzXM9z.jpg

TbvNvGg.jpg

0PvwYT5.jpg

sCvZqQi.jpg

ZJqUuKe.jpg

Back lighting on the cable side, and i get to see it everytime i play my keyboard which is right next to the PC!

7zhvvq2.jpg

vZh6Bx5.jpg

VkHziAb.jpg

dxAbaG5.jpg

Wnznjmf.jpg

Vcpm6FD.jpg

k5j9DJP.jpg

L1neBai.jpg

4qE7cwG.jpg

oGiiWhh.jpg

nNd7QWn.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS & CONCLUSION

For those who have read all the way through, I commend you for being able to listen to my obnoxious rambling and to the others, well whatever....   ANYWHO,

It’s a powerhouse, moderately sized, looks clean, looks rugged, looks cool, looks aggressive, looks subtle, looks outstanding. What more?

In the end, the result was slightly different from what i was expecting. Not the best cable management but descent. I was invisioning a more bright orange theme than the amber, Dues Ex atmosphere in the back of the case, but then started to take a liking to it. I'm still quite happy and exceedingly satisfied with this build.

Thanks for viewing and praise me (or critique)! :D

WOW! for an air cooled rig that is beautiful!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Pretty sexy in my opinion, been a while since if seen a nice thermaltake build.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Two things:

• Welcome to the forum!
  • Nice build.
That is all for now. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

the build looks really clean. colors work well together i just don't care for the case or the color of the power supply.

is it odd that i didn't know ktm made street bikes? my little brother owns 2 ktm dirt bikes and i have seen some ktm enduro bikes on the road but i have never seen a real street bike by them lol

Totally immense build!

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

That looks very cool

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

That looks awesome!

But....you built it on carpet?

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Weird colour scheme but it somehow works :P. Amazing cable managment too :).

Love it! awesome build man!

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Looks great! That cable management is mighty impressive, good sir!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Nice work! Very Clean.

Now you just need to sleeve the PSU Black/Orange for the finishing touch.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Nice build, if you dont mind me asking what are the first drawins on the wall, are that related to work study?

That looks awesome!

But....you built it on carpet?

Almost lol. No room, so i basically built everything on the shipping boxes

Nice build, if you dont mind me asking what are the first drawins on the wall, are that related to work study?

Not really, might be weird but I just like knowing the anatomy of the human body. Gotta know which part to work out tmrw :D

Nice work! Very Clean.

Now you just need to sleeve the PSU Black/Orange for the finishing touch.

I'll get to it if I ever decide to learn how and am willing to have the patience. I'm just lucky that the 24pin already has quite a number of orange cables so it isnt TOO bad lol. 

P.S. The GPU also has a breathing effect so it looks even better when actually looking at it

Awesome build. Love black and orange

If you could mod the white PSU to have a shine to it like those GPU and CPU coolers, that would wicked

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

nice build man

But how did you mount the top front fan, I have the same case and I couldn't see any mounting holes

Awesome build. Love black and orange

If you could mod the white PSU to have a shine to it like those GPU and CPU coolers, that would wicked

Thanks! I had considered it, but gloss/shiny white doesn't make much of a visual difference IMO. I probably would have chosen an OCZ Gold series which has a beautiful aluminum finish but opted for this one instead

nice build man

But how did you mount the top front fan, I have the same case and I couldn't see any mounting holes

the top front fan is actually held together by  black cable ties and zip ties with some vibration dampers on rim lol.

Thanks for the comments guys!

winning!!!! :lol:

amazingly good looking!!!

GG Man!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Suggestion on photographing your build: Do not use flash, it reflects badly off the components. What you should do is use a cold white light shining on a white sheet to soften and disperse the light. Use a dslr with lowest ISO like 100 and put the on the aperture (or A) setting.

Hope I helped. Otherwise a nice build :)