Upgrading PC - is these any good components?

Korvnisse

Hello guys, i've finally come to decision to upgrade my pc because it's getting far to old and slow for todays games.

What i have now is

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS4

Ram: 4x1 1033mhz old crappy ones.

Graphics card: Geforce 560 ti ( Directu cu II)

Harddrives: 1x500. 1x150 3x80

CPU: Intel core 2 duo E8400 3.0ghz (OC 3.5ghz) With stock cooler.

Now for the components im thinking about buying is these:

Harddrive:SSD 120GB Intel 520 OEM

Motherboard:MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX

Ram:G.Skill 8GB (2x4096MB) CL11 2133MHz Ares LP

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k (reason im buying this one is because i get it for half the price from a buddie)

Cpu-fan:Scythe Kama Grand Cross Rev B

I've heard good reviews on all of those items and with the Point & click BIOS with the motherboard overclocking will be so much easier for me.

So what do you guys think, is these good items to buy, or is there anything i should switch?

Thanks in advance!

Good components,personally i would use a different cpu cooler,especially if u plan to overclock. Speaking of overclocking eith that kind of CPU i suggest a manual overclocking,u could reach better performance this way.

Marvin,

I've seen some reviews from guys who have their 2500k's clocked up to 4,5 running just fine with that cooler, and i am not even going up that much i think.

Could you recommend any other around the same pricerange that you would have picked instead?

And about the BIOS, it is still manual overclocking, but you can use your mouse within it, and it has a nice graphical interface.

Edit: all of the reviewers have also pointed out that it's really silent, which i also like very much

The 3570K is a great choice in this case seen as you are wanting to play games and getting it for half is a bonus, also not to mention it's a fantastic CPU. Since games do not utilize extra threads there would be no reason for an i7, all you would be doing is wasting a $100.

Overall nice choice on the components but you aren't going to notice a difference between 1600MHz and 2133MHz, all you're doing is paying extra. If you are getting it for the same price as a 1600MHz kit then by means go for it but if not, save yourself some cash and go with 1600MHz.

One last thing that is of concern, what is your power supply? You don't want to use a cheap PSU as there is a chance that it can blow and take your components with it. Judging by the components you have chosen I suspect you can afford a new one (there is no need upgrade if you already have a quality unit). I would recommend a Rosewill HIVE 650W - it's a very nice unit, high quality and semi-modular for $80, and it will be more than enough to power your system. If the HIVE unit is not available then another good choice is an Antec HCG 620W-M ("-M" meaning semi-modular, the non "-M" version is non modular). It's also a very high quality unit and is manufactured by SeaSonic who are one of the best, if not the best PSU manufacturers.