GTX 970 underperforming

So I have a GTX MSI 970 that I got in March. On benchmarks, the card supposedly gets 1080 Ultra on games like Battlefield 4 and Black Desert. On mine, both games drop to like 20fps on ultra settings and can only be 60fps on mid settings. I uninstalled my previous drivers and updates. And reinstalled the latest drivers. I used HWMonitor to check its status while playing games and everything looks fine except that GPU usage is 100% while in Battlefield 4, the CPU doesn't even get to 40%. I don't know what's wrong with this card or if it's just the GTX 970 just being a subpar card.

Well it's likely newer drivers screwing you, though it could be fxaa or some aa over taxing the VRAM at certain points. What's your vram usage?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

my gtx 970 gets easily 60fps on ultra on battlefield 4. rma that card.

17 minutes ago, ben dover kid said:

my gtx 970 gets easily 60fps on ultra on battlefield 4. rma that card.

There are other factors

What resolution and CPU OP?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

there are some people who are talking about the 1070 under performing if the monitor is only 60Hz. seems as if installed software recognizes that and makes the card adjust itself in some way. would like to see someone check to see if that is actually true or not ( independently ).

perhaps the same is true with a driver update on the 970?

40 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well it's likely newer drivers screwing you, though it could be fxaa or some aa over taxing the VRAM at certain points. What's your vram usage?

It was below 70%. I'm gonna power the game on right now to check in afterburner.

sorry for the slow reply. I didn't expect help this fast. Thanks! More details are I have an i7 6700k, 16 DDR4, and They never get pushed only the GTX. Be back with some screenshots.

Here is the memory usage, I think there's a better way to take screenshots but whatever. lol

Also, my resolution is 1980 x 1080

Untitled.png

So I looked at some benchmarks and the only setting where BF4 get's to 20 avg FPS is on 4K resolution with 4xMSAA and 16xAF.
Knowing that BF4 has a resolution scale setting, you should double check if it's at 100% so you're not accidentally playing at a 4k resolution.

6 hours ago, Regular-Person said:

So I have a GTX MSI 970 that I got in March. On benchmarks, the card supposedly gets 1080 Ultra on games like Battlefield 4 and Black Desert. On mine, both games drop to like 20fps on ultra settings and can only be 60fps on mid settings. I uninstalled my previous drivers and updates. And reinstalled the latest drivers. I used HWMonitor to check its status while playing games and everything looks fine except that GPU usage is 100% while in Battlefield 4, the CPU doesn't even get to 40%. I don't know what's wrong with this card or if it's just the GTX 970 just being a subpar card.

i would of said if you got it the card a year ago  you have the same problem i have with my 2 gtx 970 msi cards . slowly performance decreasing over time while temps keep rising . my 2 cards are both heavily OC'd 1600mhz core  mem is  +300 dont have a clue what overall it is .but you dont have it OC'd which blows this out of the water . do  you have the red cover one or the blue/or white card .  the red one i had to replace the thermal paste on it was hitting 90c at max fans after i reapplied it was 100c before .

on 4k on battlefield you will use nearly all the memory on the card around 3-4gb. at 1080p you should not be breaking 500-800mb of ram on the card not in game in game around 2gb  . you also can go back to one of the first good drivers for the 900's card a quick reddit search will get you a thread with the driver number , they tend to be better overall nivdia drivers have been a crap shoot the last 6 months

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS