Shp9500 or Status Audio CB-1?

Imast

I want to bus a new headphones,  and don't know which one buy, Philips Shp9500 or Status Audio CB-1. 

For all purposes,  gaming, music,  and movies 

Philips has a bigger history of being good and is a safe bet, the status there is not to much info about.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just got the SHP9500's and I'm really pleased with them. Too early to tell but I think I may even prefer them to my HD598's. Bass isn't boomy but it sounds great listening to Good Kid Maad City. Great detail and separation, highs are better than my 598s. positional audio in CSGO sounds great too. they are comfortable, but the only downside is the earpads are pretty shallow so my ears are basically touching the drivers. not a dealbreaker but I think I wouldve preferred thicker pads / the ability to remove the stock ones and replace them. still sound great though. 

i should also say I have only had these for a couple of days... but so far I'm really happy with them and wouldn't hesitate recommending them

I think one of the members here ordered one of the status phones awhile back but I don't recall them posting impressions.

I'd say that even if the Status turn out to be anything to write home about, you can't go wrong with the Philips either way. Just keep in mind that they are open-back and thus will not isolate incoming or outgoing sound.

7 hours ago, spwath said:

Philips has a bigger history of being good and is a safe bet, the status there is not to much info about.

Okay guys, to be honest,  i aiready have the OB-1, but with other brand, Somic MH463, is THE SAME,  but they are a little broke,  so that's why i want to know which one to buy. 

I have to say OB-1/Somic MH463 are great, superbass, Good at almost all :-)