Upping my Audio Game

So I decided to up my Audio Game from using some mediocre Sennheister "gaming headset" to getting individual high quality components. After some extensive research this is what I chose for my particular needs (heavy gaming and electronic bassy music):

65642b42a3.png

cc15a33437.png

The Schiit Stack should do me nicely, the reason I picked the Uber is because I can use the optical port, better components and looks better :D

The DT770 Pros are arguably the best closed headphones for the money when it comes to gaming and wanting bass. I am tempted to get an open headphone later on, maybe like a HD600 or Phillips X2 or something, but that'll be later. I couldn't pick over open or closed as there are situations where closed are a must (night time gaming or when the gf doesn't stop moaning) but I do know the sound stage won't be the same as an open pair.

Modmic was my choice for mic, going for the Unidirectional with a mute button. Shame I ll have a second wire going down now but the DT770s aren't VMODA compatible so I couldn't pic that one.

So yeah that's all for now, I ll give all this hardware a proper review once it all arrives. It will be from a very neutral point of view as I have never had "high end" audio before.

Thanks for reading.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

2 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

good choices mate

Thanks bud, hopefully the DT770s won't disappoint as nothing else tickled my fancy in that price bracket.

3 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

So I decided to up my Audio Game from using some mediocre Sennheister "gaming headset" to getting individual high quality components. After some extensive research this is what I chose for my particular needs (heavy gaming and electronic bassy music):

65642b42a3.png

cc15a33437.png

The Schiit Stack should do me nicely, the reason I picked the Uber is because I can use the optical port, better components and looks better :D

The DT770 Pros are arguably the best closed headphones for the money when it comes to gaming and wanting bass. I am tempted to get an open headphone later on, maybe like a HD600 or Phillips X2 or something, but that'll be later. I couldn't pick over open or closed as there are situations where closed are a must (night time gaming or when the gf doesn't stop moaning) but I do know the sound stage won't be the same as an open pair.

Modmic was my choice for mic, going for the Unidirectional with a mute button. Shame I ll have a second wire going down now but the DT770s aren't VMODA compatible so I couldn't pic that one.

So yeah that's all for now, I ll give all this hardware a proper review once it all arrives. It will be from a very neutral point of view as I have never had "high end" audio before.

Thanks for reading.

Mate, have to you consider an Objective 2+ODAC?

5 minutes ago, YongKang said:

not worth it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

31 minutes ago, YongKang said:

Dude, the Schiit Uber stack is better. The O2 and ODAC are kind of passe at this point, especially since the Modi 2U got the AKM4490 upgrade.

Also, the OP has already bought this stuff, so it's kind of late to be bringing up inferior alternatives.

You've got some pretty good gear selected. Nice to see that you're avoiding "gaming" marketed equipment.

11 hours ago, Jade700 said:

You've got some pretty good gear selected. Nice to see that you're avoiding "gaming" marketed equipment.

I would of done the avoiding a long time ago had I had the cash... But my budget 3 years ago was £100 in total so a "gaming" headset is all I could afford and be happy with. That said my Sennheisters did really well for what they are, compared to the likes of Turtle Beach.

Only downside was the mic which had a mind of its own. Sounded great however it's sensitivity didn't stay the same all the time :/