Device recommendations for ios to android switch

Hey everyone.  I am considering the switch from iPhone to Android.  I don't care about which one you think is better.  What I want to know are there any recommendations in regards to a device when switching from iOS to Android?  I am open to most suggestions.  If you have personal experience, that would be greatly appreciated.

You have been Spfinated!

either go samsung or nexus, there both good phone manufacturer so get the one with your price point and wanted features

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

1 minute ago, ThyFeared said:

One Plus is a good choice. The one plus 3 is a pretty good phone.

I had actually been considering the One Plus 3.  Thanks for the tip.

You have been Spfinated!

4 minutes ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

Hey everyone.  I am considering the switch from iPhone to Android.  I don't care about which one you think is better.  What I want to know are there any recommendations in regards to a device when switching from iOS to Android?  I am open to most suggestions.  If you have personal experience, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm... it depend on what kind of experience you want on Android really. For a very "stock" Android feel go with a Nexus 5X or the newer model 6P. It's one of the few smart phone with the front facing speaker and it's from Google (kinda) so it will usually be the first to receive new Android's update. For more "premium" one you can go with Samsung S7 or waiting for the upcoming Note 7. I personally dont like the edge but it's the only "bigger" model, the S7 normal is a bit smaller. S7 Active on the other hand is very sturdy but it sacrifices the look a bit. Dont go for either Note 5 or 4, Note 5 dont have SD card slot and Note 4 have back facing speaker =.= (I own a Note 4 so most of the time I have to use headphone if I want to listen to anything on it)

One Plus is also a really decent phone from the review. I've  never seen one IRL so I dont know much about it personally

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 minute ago, Megazero said:

Hmm... it depend on what kind of experience you want on Android really. For a very "stock" Android feel go with a Nexus 5X or the newer model 6P. It's one of the few smart phone with the front facing speaker and it's from Google (kinda) so it will usually be the first to receive new Android's update. For more "premium" one you can go with Samsung S7 or waiting for the upcoming Note 7. I personally dont like the edge but it's the only "bigger" model, the S7 normal is a bit smaller. S7 Active on the other hand is very sturdy but it sacrifices the look a bit. Dont go for either Note 5 or 4, Note 5 dont have SD card slot and Note 4 have back facing speaker =.= (I own a Note 4 so most of the time I have to use headphone if I want to listen to anything on it)

One Plus is also a really decent phone from the review. I've  never seen one IRL so I dont know much about it personally

From what I've heard, the Nexus 6p is a really solid choice.  Ever used one?

You have been Spfinated!

4 minutes ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

Not really :P I have tested a 5X from a friend before but I havent seen a 6P so far (but I also havent go to mobile shop for a while now). They should be similar though. I own a Note 4 mainly because it's a decent enough phone that's big (I cant use small phone anymore after I made a switch from iPhone 4 to Note 3) and it support Gear VR (even the CV version but need a little modding). 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

12 hours ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

Used a Nexus 5 before. The only draw back was the battery life.

That phone is snippy, respond time is quick, it comes with stock android.

So i think you should try a nexus device, like 6P or 5X. Also one plus seems decent too.

I don't know about you, when I switched from iPhone to Android device, their battery life is always kind of disappointing. 

So prepare yourself a decent power bank then you are golden. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.