Graphics Card Painting

Hello! 

Completly new to the forum but have been following the crew on YouTube for some time. I love the enthusiasm that is brought to computing hardware by LMG as well as the openness and willing to try new ideas and experiment with the concept of PC art however crazy!  Note - not too sure about the glitter (aka herpies of the craft world) that Linus favours haha, just kidding! 

Basically my my question to the community would be based on my lust to get a GTX 1070 that fits in with my blue/black PC theme. So is it possible to paint, for example the MSI gaming X GTX 1070, in blue instead of red and if so; what paint should I use? Is it safe? What precautions should I take? In your opinion (for good discussion purposes) is it really worth it?

To the guys at LMG, thank you for driving my enthusiasm for a hobbie I felt distanced from, and to the community, thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Regards,

Jonthebluecow

Enc. Picture of MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

image.png

4 minutes ago, Jonthebluecow said:

Hello! 

Completly new to the forum but have been following the crew on YouTube for some time. I love the enthusiasm that is brought to computing hardware by LMG as well as the openness and willing to try new ideas and experiment with the concept of PC art however crazy!  Note - not too sure about the glitter (aka herpies of the craft world) that Linus favours haha, just kidding! 

Basically my my question to the community would be based on my lust to get a GTX 1070 that fits in with my blue/black PC theme. So is it possible to paint, for example the MSI gaming X GTX 1070, in blue instead of red and if so; what paint should I use? Is it safe? What precautions should I take? In your opinion (for good discussion purposes) is it really worth it?

To the guys at LMG, thank you for driving my enthusiasm for a hobbie I felt distanced from, and to the community, thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Regards,

Jonthebluecow

Enc. Picture of MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

image.png

They have a video on painting gpus. I'm on mobile so I don't want to look for it now but you shou do be able to find it.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I am not a "pro" at this (or at anything really) but here is a video of linus painting his card!

I hope I helped!! :D

2 hours ago, bgibbz said:

-SNIP-

If your interested I have a general guide on it here in the Modding FAQ under GPU Painting for more details. The shroud around the cooler is usually just held in place with a few screws and can easily be removed.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...