"Proofread" My Build

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

So GTA V likes hyperthreading then, because that is the only real difference.

HT is a BIG deal - it makes the cores work 20-40% more efficiently

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

That is more than likely the worst case scenario. Frame rates fluctuate.

If you use the GTX 1070 at 1440p as it is meant then it won't be as big of a gap imo.

How much experiance do you have with this? I have a LOT and I can tell you that this problem will only get bigger and worse, this can be the difference between running the game at 60fps 1440p and 50fps 1440p and no this is so far from worst case scenario, have you heard of ashes of the singularity? That is worst scenario right now, but again it will only get worse.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

HT is a BIG deal - it makes the cores work 20-40% more efficiently

I am saying that GTA V must benefit from HT. The majority of games don't.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

How much experiance do you have with this? I have a LOT and I can tell you that this problem will only get bigger and worse, this can be the difference between running the game at 60fps 1440p and 50fps 1440p and no this is so far from worst case scenario, have you heard of ashes of the singularity? That is worst scenario right now, but again it will only get worse.

Dude you are talking about a handful of games where the i7 is slightly ahead in frame rates. Also DX12 is more than likely to reduce stress on the cpu.

4 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Dude you are talking about a handful of games where the i7 is slightly ahead in frame rates. Also DX12 is more than likely to reduce stress on the cpu.

Not really m8, new AAA games are getting CPU intensive and no DX12 will make it harder for the CPU since it makes way way more draw calls and that will put more stress on the CPU.

It is also plain freaking STUPID to get a CPU that will bottleneck the GPU, especially when the problem will get bigger.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Not really m8, new AAA games are getting CPU intensive and no DX12 will make it harder for the CPU since it makes way way more draw calls and that will put more stress on the CPU.

It is also plain freaking STUPID to get a CPU that will bottleneck the GPU, especially when the problem will get bigger.

Old link, but still relevant.

http://wccftech.com/dx12-revealed-compared-dx11/

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Old link, but still relevant.

http://wccftech.com/dx12-revealed-compared-dx11/

and then you see a real life DX12 game like ashes of the singularity and it 100% rekts the CPU 

33 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

and then you see a real life DX12 game like ashes of the singularity and it 100% rekts the CPU 

That is just a single game though. Not all games are going to perform like that.

That is just a single game though. Not all games are going to perform like that.

that is the game that has the best DX12 support right now and games only get more CPU intensive and it is always better to get a well balanced system

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

that is the game that has the best DX12 support right now and games only get more CPU intensive and it is always better to get a well balanced system

And yet Gears of War Ultimate shows zero difference between a 4 core and 8 core cpu.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3039552/hardware/tested-how-many-cpu-cores-you-really-need-for-directx-12-gaming.html

At the end of the day you are not going to change my opinion, and I am not going to change yours, so there is little point in carrying on with the argument, yes ?

And yet Gears of War Ultimate shows zero difference between a 4 core and 8 core cpu.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3039552/hardware/tested-how-many-cpu-cores-you-really-need-for-directx-12-gaming.html

At the end of the day you are not going to change my opinion, and I am not going to change yours, so there is little point in carrying on with the argument, yes ?

sure sure, even though what you call my "opinion" is not really a opinion since I go with facts, but fine fine

21 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

sure sure, even though what you call my "opinion" is not really a opinion since I go with facts, but fine fine

So the links I posted are not facts ? Ok Whatever 9_9

11 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

So the links I posted are not facts ? Ok Whatever 9_9

did you not see aots in the SAME link.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

did you not see aots in the SAME link.

Just in case you missed some of what was said in that link:

Ashes of the Singularity is probably a best-case scenario for DirectX 12. It’s been in development for a long time, with much thought put into supporting all the goodness of the CPU cores in today’s PCs.

But not all games are going to be Ashes of the Singularity, even if they carry the DirectX 12 label.

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

NO WAY! STOP RIGHT THERE!

Use a RM650i instead of that monstrously evil CX PSU. 

At least a (Grey) CXM would suffice.

Or an EVGA GQ. Those are nice. Quiet, performance, lots of connectors. Modular.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Just in case you missed some of what was said in that link:

Ashes of the Singularity is probably a best-case scenario for DirectX 12. It’s been in development for a long time, with much thought put into supporting all the goodness of the CPU cores in today’s PCs.

But not all games are going to be Ashes of the Singularity, even if they carry the DirectX 12 label.

true and I have also said that, but that does not mean that there will not be CPU intensive DX12 games and we will most likely see more games like AOTS and games that is as well optimized for DX12, but to go out and buy a pc that is not very well balanced and that has a CPU bottleneck when you start using the CPU in games, that is NOT a good thing and games only gets more demanding.

11 hours ago, lee32uk said:

So GTA V likes hyperthreading then, because that is the only real difference.

No it's incredibly CPU focused.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 hours ago, brob said:

Pick a 2x8GB memory kit like  G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory. This will leave 2 slots free for upgrading.

Get a better psu.  EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply would be an excellent choice.  SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze is also very good and well priced.

Thanks for the suggestions, changed to 2x8 GB HyperX Fury Black, and the Seasonic M12II 520 Bronze.

2 minutes ago, AssassinUni said:

Hey OP, the Cryorig H7 is at $38.99 in Newegg.

Thx for the tip, I would have missed that one :P

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

No it's incredibly CPU focused.

I already mentioned that on the previous page.

@cantalOPe

Sorry that your thread turned has turned into one long argument. 

I already mentioned that on the previous page.

@cantalOPe

Sorry that your thread turned has turned into one long argument. 

It happens  ¯\_ツ_/¯  I'll let you guys continue, since I already got the information that I needed.