My monitor keep dimming itself?

oo2k15

For some reason the lg monitor I have the brightness will automatically dim for some reason by itself or vice versa. For example if I have really bright screen on like a white screen for some example the screen would turn slight dark and then back to original state or vice versa. Idk if the environment also play a part in this. I know on my Samsung phone there's a auto brightness feature that adjust to the surround lights. So far I'm noticing this dimming effect during my gameplay too. It is very annoying. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix this issue like in the settings? I haven't touch the settings yet so it should be in default settings. At first I thought it was some sort of energy power saving feature of some sort. It can't be right? Should I return the monitor for defect? 

Look in the settings for dynamic contrast and disable it.

If you post the model number of the monitor, I may be able to give you a bit more specific instruction.

3 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Look in the settings for dynamic contrast and disable it.

If you post the model number of the monitor, I may be able to give you a bit more specific instruction.

The model is lg 34um58p.

Turn off any powering saving modes - most have them buried in the menu system somewhere...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

4 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

The model is lg 34um58p.

One of these settings is likely your suspect.

picture.png

picture1.png

19 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

One of these settings is likely your suspect.

DFC is off by default, black stablizer is set at 50% by default. I'll test it out and set it to 0% and see if it fix.

1 minute ago, oo2k15 said:

DFC is off by default, black stablizer is set at 50% by default. I'll test it out and set it to 0% and see if it fix.

Based on the wording, the stabilizer should work in the opposite direction. 

100% would remove the dynamic contrast.

10 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Based on the wording, the stabilizer should work in the opposite direction. 

100% would remove the dynamic contrast.

Okay I just test it out and still happening. Set it both 0% and 100%. The energy saving mode is set at low though should I turn that off? Maybe that will work? I'll try anyway.

2 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

Okay I just test it out and still happening. Set it both 0% and 100%.

Hmm. I'm not really sure, then.

If it has a PC picture mode, or a GAME picture mode, you could try that. Other than that though, I'm out of ideas.

1 minute ago, SageOfSpice said:

Hmm. I'm not really sure, then.

If it has a PC picture mode, or a GAME picture mode, you could try that. Other than that though, I'm out of ideas.

Yeah is fix now. Seems like the "Smart Energy Saving Mode" was the one that causing this issued. It was set at low by default. I just need to turn it off. Thanks for the help though.