Dahua IPC-KW12 and new router

Plexter

Hello guys,

I'm looking for an advise here. I'm helping my neighbor to setup Dahua IPC-KW12 camera. This camera have Wi-Fi, so smart choice, I think, is to connect it to router. Problem is that my neighbor right now has cheap, like 5-10 USD router. He wants to put a camera in his garage (about 15 meters from the router). Camera will be high, about more than 2 meters high. We will put a new router (TP-Link Archer C50 or TP-Link TL-WR1043ND) high too, about 2 meters high. What do you think about this setup? Will camera and router have good connection? Where's basically no obstacles, only one wall between those 15 meters.

Thank you for suggestions.

I have the same camera, basically the wifi inside that is quite shit, so shit that I use utp cable to connect to the router even only 5 meters from the router,

Do you tried to use the existing router using wifi? Might be capable since it is only one wall dividing it? In my case I am recording to a NVR, but it constantly looses connection. If you don't use NVR, probably will just work fine.

I uploaded the wifi signal bar from this camera wifi. As you can see, all of it is just half of the bar. Most router is located by one brick wall with wood door, and some of them even the 1000mw high power AP.

Capture4.JPG

13 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

I have the same camera, basically the wifi inside that is quite shit, so shit that I use utp cable to connect to the router even only 5 meters from the router,

Do you tried to use the existing router using wifi? Might be capable since it is only one wall dividing it? In my case I am recording to a NVR, but it constantly looses connection. If you don't use NVR, probably will just work fine.

Oh, really, you use the same camera? I have few more questions to you. As I saw, I can record video to SD card and watch it later via network, because we will not use NVR device. Am I correct? I also can setup that this camera will only start to record when she will see something? What about existing router, it's so shitty, that I have basically no connection 6-7 meters from the router outside, and only one wall separate my phone and router. That router sucks hard. So if this scenario will work (new router + camera) it will be nice: more range at home and connected camera. If this Dahua camera's Wi-Fi sucks so much, I always can add AP nearby.

4 minutes ago, Plexter said:

Oh, really, you use the same camera? I have few more questions to you. As I saw, I can record video to SD card and watch it later via network, because we will not use NVR device. Am I correct? What about existing router, it's so shitty, that I have basically no connection 6-7 meters from the router outside, and only one wall separate my phone and router. That router sucks hard. So if this scenario will work (new router + camera) it will be nice: more range at home and connected camera. If this Dahua camera's Wi-Fi sucks so much, I always can add AP nearby.

I updated the previous post with the shit wifi signal this camera have. Most of the router is quite high powered, such as D-LINK DIR-655.

Yes, you can store it to micro SD card without problem.Just keep in mind that Micro SD card is not designed to record video continuously, so you might need to replace the Micro SD every once in a while. I personally use 8GB micro SD as additional storage in addition to NVR recording. It works just fine, until it just broke (not sure when). The camera doesn't give any warning if the micro SD fails (probably can if you setup email warning?), so just check every once in a while.

You can always try to use your own router, just to check if it get signal or not? I believe any good quality router will just works fine. It is the best you can just wire it directly, just for maximum reliability. 

Capture5.JPG