Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November of 2016

Xiauj

Hey,

I was just wondering if you guys know an estimated amount for or about the following days in November of 2016, let me explain what I mean.

When Black Friday or Cyber Monday occurs in November of 2016, will this apply to a lot of manufacturers and sellers like Amazon UK, Newegg (UK), Overclockers UK ?

And also, as an estimate... how much is it as a percentage that is taken off? Or does it depend on the product itself..? o.O

I'm looking to buy a lot if not all of my components from one place like Newegg UK or perhaps Amazon UK.

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

Black Friday type prices depend on a LOT of factors, including broader economic issues.  When the economy was tanking from 2008-2012 you saw some really aggressive sales as retailers tried everything they could to make up sales.  As economic situations change and a 'new normal' settles in, you don't see prices as aggressively cut.  It really can't be said what the sale prices will be so as you can budget for future sales.  Just keep an eye out for sales, at any time of the year, and take advantage of them when you can.

In Europe where it (Black Friday mainly) is just becoming a thing, its about stores to participate on it. Deals aren't really that different from other bigger sale events (imo). I'm not familiar how shops decide which product they put on sale and how much off price is going to be.

Amazon will participate for sure. Percentages will be 15-50% but for main PC parts I think they will be closer to 15-30%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Black Friday/Cyber Monday are just names of sales, not like it's an event stores have to register to be part of or sell specific items at specific discounts to be considered a black Friday/cyber Monday sale. Any store can call their sale Black Friday/Cyber Monday and any store can make their sales whatever they want as long as they compete. I'm sure some cases the prices are determined by the manufacturer which means any store will sell them for the same sale price at that point.

In the US "Black Friday" lasts about a week, so does "Cyber Monday".

35 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

~snip~

31 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

~snip~

Oh sweet, cheers guys! :) I appreciate it.

36 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Just keep an eye out for sales, at any time of the year, and take advantage of them when you can.

Well, I was hoping to buy some hardware components for my soon-to-be PC-Build on July 12 which is in like what, 9 days which means Amazon's Prime Day which is equivalent to Black Friday I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how they (Amazon/Some news stories/articles) phrased it.

But yeah, I can't get that many things on July 12th so I'm gonna save up for November :) Hope I can find some good ones. One of my components being a 1080 which I hope AT LEAST has a 5% discount if not higher ;)

3 minutes ago, EricX2 said:

In the US "Black Friday" lasts about a week

A week??? wait what?! o.O I thought globally that it was just the one day..? If it's a week then that's even better!

40 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

In Europe where it (Black Friday mainly) is just becoming a thing, its about stores to participate on it. Deals aren't really that different from other bigger sale events (imo). I'm not familiar how shops decide which product they put on sale and how much off price is going to be.

Amazon will participate for sure. Percentages will be 15-50% but for main PC parts I think they will be closer to 15-30%.

still though 15% off a Partner 1080 is like £510 instead of £600 that's a pretty good deal in my book 

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

still though 15% off a Partner 1080 is like £510 instead of £600 that's a pretty good deal in my book 

Yeah, I can certainly agree with you on that one Peej :) Not a bad price at all!

58 minutes ago, peej said:

Didn't say that percentages would be bad. They just aren't that special imo. I've seen much better sales, mainly at events (LAN parties).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

sales are usually only on specific catagories. i dont  remember seeing many, if at all, gpu or cpu sales. its generally 10-15% off, but there are some crazy sales. i got my g502 for $40 on black friday (msrp of $80)

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

1 minute ago, DrM said:

sales are usually only on specific catagories. i dont  remember seeing many, if at all, gpu or cpu sales. its generally 10-15% off, but there are some crazy sales. i got my g502 for $40 on black friday (msrp of $80)

Nice! ^_^