I need help Upgrading/Building my PC

Hey guys, I'm Alex and i'm looking to upgrade my current PC.

I have a 27" monitor running at 1920x1080@60Hz and I usually play Warthunder, The Witcher 3, Mad Max, Battlefield 3, The Crew and I also

want to be able to play Battlefield 1 and Need for Speed 2016 and other games from the same demanding point of view.

My budged is around 400-550$ but I live in Romania and parts are pretty expensive right here.

I overclocked the gpu a bit and usually my cpu stays at 30% while gpu at 99% so i'm thinking that a good GPU will improve my spec in games.

I'm also afraid about the compatibility with the mobo and psu, so guys let me know what you think, thank you.

PSU: 450W (unknown)

This is my current spec at the moment:

specs.jpg

check the model and wattage of the psu first. i'd recommend an i5 6400 and an rx 480 if its possible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

check the model and wattage of the psu first. i'd recommend an i5 6400 and an rx 480 if its possible.

I was thinking into a i5 6600k, that would be the best bang for buck, but on the other hand, I wanted to see if I can get a better graphics card with my next salary, because I don't have all the cash right now.

2 minutes ago, necktrow said:

I was thinking into a i5 6600k, that would be the best bang for buck, but on the other hand, I wanted to see if I can get a better graphics card with my next salary, because I don't have all the cash right now.

i'd get a new graphics card and psu(if needed) first, then upgrade to the i5 6500.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i'd get a new graphics card and psu(if needed) first, then upgrade to the i5 6500.

Why i5 6500 and not i5 6600k? If I may ask, of course.

Hey Alex! 

I dont think you generally need a whole new system. What I would do is keeping everything and just upgrading the harddrive and the graphics card. For the HDD i would go with some mechanical drive with 1000GB of storage and for the GPU I can only advice you to get the most expensive one you feel you can afford. A GTX 970 for example should be very reasonable, at least if you stay with a 1080p resolution.

1 minute ago, necktrow said:

if you're overclocking, then get the 6600k, z170 board and a good aftermarket cooler. was afraid you might not have enough money so i listed the 6500 instead.

2 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

Hey Alex! 

I dont think you generally need a whole new system. What I would do is keeping everything and just upgrading the harddrive and the graphics card. For the HDD i would go with some mechanical drive with 1000GB of storage and for the GPU I can only advice you to get the most expensive one you feel you can afford. A GTX 970 for example should be very reasonable, at least if you stay with a 1080p resolution.

the x4 640 will likely bottleneck an rx 480/gtx 970/r9 390, he should upgrade for the best performance.

sell your old GPU & CPU and if possible the MB that way your will gain extra money to buy whatever you want . and this way your will be able to buy any mid-high end stuff you want like an i5 6600k & nvidia 970 but you will need to buy a new PSU (500w:cooler master,corsair,seasonic are the best).run out of money ?? get rid of the old power supply as well . you are not planning on using the old parts are you ??

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

the x4 640 will likely bottleneck an rx 480/gtx 970/r9 390, he should upgrade for the best performance.

...but not by much and he can still overclock it. Its an AMD chip afer all... Also for the budget of a mere 550€ you won't be able to buy a PC loaded with an unlocked i5, a Z170 board AND a good GPU.

2 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

...but not by much and he can still overclock it. Its an AMD chip afer all... Also for the budget of a mere 550€ you won't be able to buy a PC loaded with an unlocked i5, a Z170 board AND a good GPU.

it will bottleneck by a good margin and overclocking won't solve any of it. he doesn't need an i5 6600k, even an i5 6400 will do the job perfectly fine.

31 minutes ago, necktrow said:

get the 6600k is you really want to, no one's stopping you

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

First of all, I want to thank you for the good amount of feedback on this thing,

I got back from work and now i'm documenting about it.

What I was thinking the whole day, If I get a good graphics card and a new Psu to sustain the build, will the motherboard be able to run with the new graphics card?

That is my question. Because If it's a yes, that's good, I can get a new motherboard+cpu and some ram and ssd after 2-3 months.

But.. if it's a no.. that means that I have to gather good money for around 3-4 months and just get what I can on Black Friday which means that I cannot play titles that I usually play properly until then.. and after that, sell my old parts to cover up some money. I really need help with this thingy and I do appreciate all your effort guys.

Let me know what should I do and why.

Thank you.

Alright guys, i'm back again with a quick thingy,

I'm into buying a 480 or a 970 with a new PSU for the spec but the only thing that worries me is, will the motherboard be able to maintain the GPU?

Or you know, if the motherboard is compatible with the GPU, can you guys let me know?

With the graphics cards you will be using a 6500 is enough, a 660k is overkill. Try to get a non-reference RX 480 or a 1060. Add a 120gb SSD for faster loading of Windows and your most-used games/apps. Judging by what your saying that PSU might need an upgrade as well, it seems dodge. Id get PSU first, then Graphics card, then Processor/Moterboard/RAM, then SSD.

"AMD is bringing DDR5 to the mainstream with their all new FX 8450 and FX 9690 Zen processors. Check out the link in the video description to learn more."

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87-I Mini-ITX
  • RAM
    16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • GPU
  • CHANGING 
  • Case
  • BitFenix Comrade Window Black/
  • Corsair 250D
  • Storage
    Hectron X1 60gb SSD "The China", Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Corsair TX650
  • Cooling
    Hyper TX3
  • Keyboard
    AULA F2012 Mechanical

12 hours ago, BringBackLCT said:

With the graphics cards you will be using a 6500 is enough, a 660k is overkill. Try to get a non-reference RX 480 or a 1060. Add a 120gb SSD for faster loading of Windows and your most-used games/apps. Judging by what your saying that PSU might need an upgrade as well, it seems dodge. Id get PSU first, then Graphics card, then Processor/Moterboard/RAM, then SSD.

Thank you for the reply to this, my most concern is:

Can my current motherboard be able to support a RX 480 or a GTX 970 or 1060?

I really need to know before I throw my investment in the PSU and GPU

If this is your motherboard http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000472 , then even if you buy a very good gpu you will be a little bottlenecked since it only has pcie 2.0, otherwise it should accept just about anything. I suggest you try https://pcpartpicker.com/ to look for compatible parts if planning to change things , and don't forget to check the second hand market , you might find some awesome deals(olx.ro, okazii.ro). good luck.