First build, need help on it

Mr.Wang

Hey people 

So i'm gonna do my first pc build and have searched alot about it on the internet

yet i still need help with the case and if all the parts even fit / support each other,

to further elaborate the problem i'll first say what i like in my build:

Mobo:  Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard

CPU:    Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

GPU:    a liquid cooled gtx 1080 (a corsair or EVGA one would be a good option i guess)

RAM:    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

PSU:     Not sure what mATX PSU i need, any suggestions? 

Storage:  Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 

this is where windows 10 will be stored on and booted from

I have an old SSD wich i'll put in aswell (240gb if i'm not mistaken)

Wi-Fi:    Asus PCE-AC68 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

i need an Wi-Fi adapter because i can't pull cables through my house.

i'm also going to OC my CPU and GPU

So as you see i want an mATX build with both the CPU and the GPU liquid cooled

does anybody know a good case for this? i don't mind the shape or colour at all 

yet i have seen sone mATX cases that are cube shaped: I prefer that if that is possible

thanks for any help given

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section and for any English grammar mistakes since i'm not English

One case option to look into would be the Corsair Air 240.  I remember it having decent space for an mATX case, and I ran an H100 in it to cool my CPU.

Also, depending on your case, you won't necessarily need a smaller PSU. Cases like the Air 240 handle a full sized ATX PSU just fine.

9 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

One case option to look into would be the Corsair Air 240.  I remember it having decent space for an mATX case, and I ran an H100 in it to cool my CPU.

Also, depending on your case, you won't necessarily need a smaller PSU. Cases like the Air 240 handle a full sized ATX PSU just fine.

thanks for the fast response, that exact case was also my #1 case, yet wild it be compatible with 2 times a liquid cooling support:

will there be enough space for the H100 fans and liquid cooled gpu fans? and if so, how will I be managing airflow?

15 minutes ago, Mr.Wang said:

thanks for the fast response, that exact case was also my #1 case, yet wild it be compatible with 2 times a liquid cooling support:

will there be enough space for the H100 fans and liquid cooled gpu fans? and if so, how will I be managing airflow?

I guess it would depend on what size fans and radiator the GPU cooler was going to have.

You can do top-mount radiator in that case with one set of fans, (at least that's how I think I had it set up.) and that takes care of your CPU.

Then if you had a small enough GPU radiator (like say, H55/H60 sized) it could go on the 120/140MM (I forget what size) fan slot that's on the back of the case.

Then you could pull air in through the top and front, and pull it out the back using the radiator fan from your GPU cooler.

OR you could pull air into the case through the rear and the top, and suck it out through the fans on the front. (this sounds better now that I think about it)

I don't know how clusterfucky that would be, but I believe it can be done.

Edit: the two fan slots on the back are 80mm. you can get 80mm radiators, but I dont' know how many there are since I've never watercooled a GPU.

Double Edit:

Okay, after looking at the case a little more, I think you're going to want to put your CPU radiator in the front, and then your GPU radiator up top, and do what the picture on the corsair website says, and just pull air in through the front, then up through the gpu rad, and let it go out the back.

@Mr.Wang   http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-air-240-arctic-white-high-airflow-micro-atx-and-mini-itx-pc-case