DDWRT install and no internet, Help!!!

Tech Lover
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
1 hour ago, Tech Lover said:

-SNIP-

Yah, there is an IP address conflict happening which is why you aren't getting internet access. You'll need to change the Local IP Address in the DDWRT page to something else like 192.168.2.1. You also need to go to the DNS Server portion and change that to disabled. If that still doesn't get you online go to Administration > Commands > Paste this into the box:

iptables -t nat -i POSTROUTING -o 'get_wanface' -j SNAT --to 'nvram get wan_ipaddr'

Run command and then Save Startup.

hi. i have Asus RT-N10+ router, its fully supported via DDWRT as this is B1 revision. i have checked even the FCC id is same as stated on their site. i have flashed it. it shows it has DDWRT installed as when i open the router page it shows DDWRT fully installed. now my question is how to configure internet on it? my internet modem is connected via WAN port to this router but does not connect to internet. 

one thing, it had ip same as my modem, 192.168.1.1 but that i have changed via advanced setup. i have assigned it different ip. but when i put modem ip which is connected to the router via WAN port it does not open at all. can anyone help me?

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

Do you want to use it as an access point (wifi) or create another subnet?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

Do you want to use it as an access point (wifi) or create another subnet?

i want to use it simply as a wifi router. just like i am currently using my tp link router. its not connecting man i have tried every thing. just reset my modem as well but no gain. cant even go back to stock asus firmware. i would like to use this DDWRT but internet not working. 

can u help me?

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

25 minutes ago, Tech Lover said:

i want to use it simply as a wifi router. just like i am currently using my tp link router. its not connecting man i have tried every thing. just reset my modem as well but no gain. cant even go back to stock asus firmware. i would like to use this DDWRT but internet not working. 

can u help me?

No such thing as a wifi router, it is a router (which router traffic) and switch (intelligently connects hosts) and an access point (handles wifi).

If you want to set it up as an access point to do wifi:

Plug the cable from the other router into a LAN port on the asus and put it in access point mode, if it does not have that disable things like NAT, DHCP and DNS.

On the other router disable the access point/wifi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

No such thing as a wifi router, it is a router (which router traffic) and switch (intelligently connects hosts) and an access point (handles wifi).

If you want to set it up as an access point to do wifi:

Plug the cable from the other router into a LAN port on the asus and put it in access point mode, if it does not have that disable things like NAT, DHCP and DNS.

On the other router disable the access point/wifi

for that i would need another Ethernet cable, which i currently dont have. 

\

is there a way to just remove this shitty DDWRT firmware from this router and revert back to stock asus firmware? i have tried their recovery software but im unable to even go to rescue mode on this router. flashing the stock asus firmware from recovery options in router page simply resets the router and same ddwrt shows again. 

can u help?

1 minute ago, Tech Lover said:

for that i would need another Ethernet cable, which i currently dont have. 

\

is there a way to just remove this shitty DDWRT firmware from this router and revert back to stock asus firmware? i have tried their recovery software but im unable to even go to rescue mode on this router. flashing the stock asus firmware from recovery options in router page simply resets the router and same ddwrt shows again. 

can u help?

take the existing one out of the wan port

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

16 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

take the existing one out of the wan port

thats what im trying to say. 

Asus one where i installed DDWRT is working fine, its turning on, its opening page 196.168.1.1, i connect modem ethernet to its WAN but IT DOES NOT CONNECT TO INTERNET. i get error of DNS probe

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

same modem connects to intenet when im connecting modem to TP link WAN. so that means there must be something wrong with asus one right?

nobody here knows????

So just for my edification let me make sure I understand what's going on.

1. You flashed a modem with DDWRT firmware

2. The modem WAS working prior to this?

3. You have a modem/router and this is connected to that?

4. It originally had the same management IP address as the other modem/router but you've since changed that.

5. Now you're wanting to flash it back to stock firmware or just want to get it to a state where it works, regardless of the firmware?

Have you gone into Setup > Advanced Routing > Operating Mode > Select "Gateway". It should look similar to this:

DDWRT.PNG

Destination LAN, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and Interface should match that of everything on the internal side, pointing to the other devices and away from the modem. If this new modem is the gateway then put the local IP address of the router as the gateway.

Then, from the Select Set Number, choose 2.

Fill out the information again but this time point the destination LAN NET to the modem subnet and set the gateway to the modem. Interface should be set to WAN.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

So just for my edification let me make sure I understand what's going on.

1. You flashed a modem with DDWRT firmware

2. The modem WAS working prior to this?

3. You have a modem/router and this is connected to that?

4. It originally had the same management IP address as the other modem/router but you've since changed that.

5. Now you're wanting to flash it back to stock firmware or just want to get it to a state where it works, regardless of the firmware?

Have you gone into Setup > Advanced Routing > Operating Mode > Select "Gateway". It should look similar to this:

DDWRT.PNG

Destination LAN, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and Interface should match that of everything on the internal side, pointing to the other devices and away from the modem. If this new modem is the gateway then put the local IP address of the router as the gateway.

Then, from the Select Set Number, choose 2.

Fill out the information again but this time point the destination LAN NET to the modem subnet and set the gateway to the modem. Interface should be set to WAN.

thank u for ur kind reply man but i will answer what i understand here.

yes i flashed DDWRT on Asus RT N10+ B1 revision modem which is supported on their website, and yes it was working fine before that without any issues at all. 

yes i have the ISP provided modem connected to it, im calling it modem because it does not have a WAN port (i dont know much about networking stuff).

i can connect to internet if i connect an ethernet cable to ISP modem and connect that to PC (obviously) and i can also connect a third party router. 

i previously used this same asus  router in its stock asus firmware as my wifi router but then i flashed this ddwrt and now its not connecting to internet.

i have now my TP link router connected to ISP modem. automatically my ISP modem has IP assigned as 192.168.1.1 and my tp link router has an isp of 192.168.0.1

when i connect this DDWRT Asus router after ddwrt it has same ip of 192.168.1.1 same as my ISP modem

what i think the issue is that ASUS modem has conflicting IP with ISP modem i.e they both have same IP of 192.168.1.1. may be this is the issue cause i get the DNS probe error when i connect Asus router to ISP modem.

im attaching all the necessary screenshots for u to understand. 

IMAGES

1 hour ago, Tech Lover said:

-SNIP-

Yah, there is an IP address conflict happening which is why you aren't getting internet access. You'll need to change the Local IP Address in the DDWRT page to something else like 192.168.2.1. You also need to go to the DNS Server portion and change that to disabled. If that still doesn't get you online go to Administration > Commands > Paste this into the box:

iptables -t nat -i POSTROUTING -o 'get_wanface' -j SNAT --to 'nvram get wan_ipaddr'

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

OMG OMG OMG.......... OOOOOMG THANK U SO VERY VERY MUCH! 

its fixed! hooray! i just went to Setup page, basic setup, there i changed the local IP to something different from modem's 192.168.1.1. now its working. U HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH U HELPED ME here man!  u know i flashed ddwrt on this router in March, then it didnt get me connected to internet. i made a thread here no one helped me. i threw it away some where in store. i had to buy a new one. 

one more thing, can i use this router as another WiFi router for my main ISP provided modem? i mean i will continue using my TP link router as WiFi router, but can i add this one as well? how? also can i use this as may be speed boaster kinda switch router for TP link router? 

2 days back i was thinking of this ping fixing, i have a thread for that, may be u can help me in that also its HERE

i know its a crappy router and i might not even use it but atleast now its working! THANK U SO VERY MUCH.