Best Thermal Paste?

setha1

Trying to look for good thermal paste for my Intel Core i7-6700k.

i personnaly use ketchup but i hear mayo will do the trick just fine

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

i personnaly use ketchup but i hear mayo will do the trick just fine

wtf, my cousin uses relish. He said it was way more efficient then Ketchup  

1 minute ago, setha1 said:

wtf, my cousin uses relish. He said it was way more efficient then Ketchup  

ketchup is more effective in cold winters

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

ketchup is more effective in cold winters

You sure, I heard the tomato's slips real easy, and pickles will stick 

1 minute ago, setha1 said:

You sure, I heard the tomato's slips real easy, and pickles will stick 

super glue is my secret

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

super glue is my secret

Tomato and Super glue? Smells good

I've spent a lot of time looking into this subject lately, and my conclusion is that Arctic Silver MX-4 is the best all-rounder, easy to apply, non conductive / capacitive, lasts as long as needed, and gives great low temps.

Arctic Silver 5 can be a degree cooler in some reviews, but I think it doesn't last as long without needing a reapplication. Really, to get cooler temps, a liquid medal is probably needed, but they're costlier, more work to put on, and messy to remove. IC Diamond is another semi-common thermal compound that gets some decent temps, comparable to MX-4 in some benches, but it is messy to work with, and scratches the surface that it's applied to.

Basically, just go with Arctic Silver MX-4, and have peace of mind that it'll be good for as long as you use the component, and is giving you some of the coolest temps available.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I use the NT-H1 that came with my NH-D15. Works like a charm

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is the best without going liquid metal. If you're ballsy and want the absolute best go with Phobya LM. You can even take it a step further and delid your cpu to replace the thermal paste between the die and the ihs if you want. 

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

OP: Liquid metal pastes are where it's at if you're delidding. If you're not, all they'll do is buy you a couple degrees, destroy your CPU's die and the cooler's heat spreader and demolish any and all chance of getting warranty support for that CPU ever again. Not worth it unless you delid. If you delid, so, so worth it.

As for conventional pastes, really, all the good ones are within a couple degrees of each other. I use MX-4 because it's easy, it's effective, it doesn't need to be routinely changed out and it's not electrically capacitive. Plenty of people swear by AS5, and I've used it too and have no complaints. I switched to MX-4 for three reasons: MX-4 doesn't have a burn-in time, AS5 is slightly capacitive, and, well, MX-4 was on sale for $2.99 per tube at Micro Center. If the world collapses and MX-4 somehow becomes the new currency, I'm Donald freaking Trump.

Realistically, as long as the stuff with your cooler comes in a tube and not a pouch, you're good.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.