Keyboard Layout in Canada

tsk

Greetings

I am looking to buy my girlfriend a macbook for her birthday and I'm wondering if the keyboard on these(and Canadian laptops in general) use the ANSI or ISO layout.

Any help would be appreciated.

It really depends who you buy it from. A lot are standard US layout, but there are also many to cover French because Canada is bilingual.

kbd4.gif

It will generally be specified in the description of the laptop when ordering.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

28 minutes ago, tsk said:

Greetings

I am looking to buy my girlfriend a macbook for her birthday and I'm wondering if the keyboard on these(and Canadian laptops in general) use the ANSI or ISO layout.

Any help would be appreciated.

It would seem macbooks use the ansi standard.  I would think that they'd sue the same macbooks keyboards everywhere.

You have 2 types of keyboard in Canada, which all manufacture offers:

1. US
  2. Bilingual

US Layout

eurkey.png

Bilingual Layout:

ryQxs.png

Bilingual layout tries to merge English US and France layout into one layout.

Usually, when you order your system in French Canada (meaning that the system is in French), you'll get the Bilingual keyboard.

I'm ordering it in Montreal, just want to make sure its the US layout. Thanks for the replies so far.

7 hours ago, tsk said:

I'm ordering it in Montreal, just want to make sure its the US layout. Thanks for the replies so far.

You can go downtown and buy it there, at the Apple Store, and you can make sure you have the right keyboard. :)

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

You can go downtown and buy it there, at the Apple Store, and you can make sure you have the right keyboard. :)

I was gonna order it and have it ready by the time I get there, but I suppose I might as well go to an apple store.
Thanks again for the help.