Getting bad FPS in BF4? -Here might be answer.

M-ursu

I noticed that if i have any other load on my CPU BF4 is unplayable, so i decided to make a graph.

So i put F@h to light and tested:

post-2255-0-32905600-1380731172.jpg

I have FX-8350@5.0Ghz and Gtx 650.

Let me know if that info helped you guys too, because it fixed all of my problems in BF4. :)

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most obvious benchmarks I've ever seen! I really don't think anyone is stupid enough to play a game with F@H active, and then wonder why their FPS is low. I never run anything with it on, not CS:GO, GTA:SA or Simpsons Hit and Run because it takes up my resources. 

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Make sure you update to the beta drivers (nvidia). I get something like under 5 FPS with SLI titans, then I updated and I get completely playable 60+ FPS, with the same settings.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most obvious benchmarks I've ever seen! I really don't think anyone is stupid enough to play a game with F@H active, and then wonder why their FPS is low. I never run anything with it on, not CS:GO, GTA:SA or Simpsons Hit and Run because it takes up my resources. 

i have always played on F@H medium. :)

i have always played on F@H medium. 

Edited: Why?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Edited: Why?

Because, normally, his FPS is high enough with it at Medium that he isn't bothered by it. 

BF4 is an exception to this, which is why he made the graph and the thread. 

Some people play video games with F@H running and have fine FPS (because their settings are low enough to compensate). Again, BF4 is the exception. 

Just saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

When it first came out (BF4 beta), N-cards are getting ridiculously low FPS... but A-cards are getting ok -> good FPS, e.g. a 680 or 690 has stupidly low FPS even with beta-drive. Yet, a 7970, gets fairly playable FPS with beta driver.

There are some optimizations stuffs behind the scene, just give it some time. Or just don't bother playing beta.

When it first came out (BF4 beta), N-cards are getting ridiculously low FPS... but A-cards are getting ok -> good FPS, e.g. a 680 or 690 has stupidly low FPS even with beta-drive. Yet, a 7970, gets fairly playable FPS with beta driver.

There are some optimizations stuffs behind the scene, just give it some time. Or just don't bother playing beta.

That's not entirely true. I have a 7950 and can't even break 15 FPS. More Nvidia people may be experiencing issues but AMD people are still having issues as well

um for us noobs, wtf is F@H?

Yeah same situation, I have no idea what F@H is...

um for us noobs, wtf is F@H?

Yeah same situation, I have no idea what F@H is...

Folding @ Home. You make your computer do calculations for various things (Scientific research for example) which usually uses 100% of your CPU and (not sure, but) possibly your GPU. 

That's what F@H is.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Im playing with a 680 and play ultra(almost ultra) 60 fps just fine.

Im playing with a 680 and play ultra(almost ultra) 60 fps just fine.

Yeah. Try playing on minimum settings. Your FPS won't change much, if at all. 

Changing settings does nothing to FPS, therefore changing settings does nothing to visual graphics.

† Christian Member †

So basically your talking about CPU priority? ie: task manager-set to high priority? If so...doesnt work lol.

What doesn't work? I don't understand your question.

† Christian Member †

Setting your BF4.exe to high priority. I did that and experienced a random FPS drop down to 15FPS. Turned it back to normal (default) no worries now. Running a 3930K @ 4.4

Again, I don't know what you are talking about. I never said that would fix anything. 

† Christian Member †

It's still the beta, the servers are bad even for an FPS, and the optimizations aren't out on the drivers so it will get better in a few weeks.

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Turn it off.

Kinda like slapping yourself in the face and going to the doctor to complain about the pain it causes

and asking how to make the pain stop.

I noticed that if i have any other load on my CPU BF4 is unplayable, so i decided to make a graph.

So i put F@h to light and tested:

attachicon.gifBF4.jpg

I have FX-8350@5.0Ghz and Gtx 650.

Let me know if that info helped you guys too, because it fixed all of my problems in BF4. :)

these are at a reoltion of 1080p? if so those mins are nice. gives me hope to play this game well on a 660m

Beta bugs 30fps  :huh:

I have cold coca cola and DF4 beta runs ok