Best Points for Weight Loss

Hi.

I am 14 years old and I'm on the heavier side when it comes to my weight.

I am trying to find that fine line between not eating enough and eating too much.

I've started dieting, but I've been doing it wrong.

I don't have a lot of control as to dinner meals, but I'm looking for some good things to eat for lunch, especially after doing some research and finding out how bad bread is for the body.

I'm going to go back to Weet Bix for breakfast, just because of how healthy it is.

Any suggestions for an easy lunch to eat because I go to school every day, and any tips for losing weight. I don't care if it's going to be a slow process, I just want to lose some weight.

I am also going to start exercising again, starting with a 10-minute run on the treadmill, some sit-ups and I might even go and buy a Just Dance game for my Xbox 360 Kinect to burn just a bit more.

All responses are appreciated!

Thanks, Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

You also need to workout, combine around 30 mins of cardio along with 30 minutes of muscle building a day.  This will improve your metabolism.  Make sure you burn more calories than you consume, but don't starve yourself because your body needs calories to survive.  And eat healthy of course, but this doesn't mean you need to become a vegetarian or vegan.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

You also need to workout, combine around 30 mins of cardio along with 30 minutes of muscle building a day.  This will improve your metabolism.  Make sure you burn more calories than you consume, but don't starve yourself because your body needs calories to survive.  And eat healthy of course, but this doesn't mean you need to become a vegetarian or vegan.

Yeah, that's been my issue. I've been consuming too much, and not exercising enough to lose the weight. And will do, I've got to try to find a good, healthy, small meal to eat for lunch.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Start drinking (more) water, tea and coffee are fine too.

Dude it's great at such a young age you care about your health! Here's some extra advice:  

Seeing you're an LTT fan, you (like most of us) spend a lot of time sitting on the computer. Make it a habit to balance out half an hour of sitting for 5 minutes of walking/jogging

Drop ALL soft drinks man. You don't get how bad they are for your face and body. In fact, drop almost everything found in gas stations. If you must, go for stuff light ice tea and gatorade, but even those are unhealthy. On a similar node, try to drop as much candy as possible. While choclate is alright per-say, stuff like gummies will destroy any progress you make. 

Drink a lot of water. Like A LOT. By some crude logic, the more water that fills up your tummy, the less space is open for actual food. Not only will it make you look better by hydrating your body and face, but it will help you stop overeating. Sometimes, you won't eat much at all but feel very full, only because you drank a crap ton of water. Ask your parents to buy bottled water if they haven't. It comes for 2-4 bucks per 30, and throw some in the fridge. Every time you're on the computer, grab a bottle and just sip on it. I promise you, it will make you feel much, much better.

Try to also drink a lot of milk. It will help you grow, and trust me, you're gonna regret not drinking more milk and being more active at this age in a few years when you peak out at the maximum height you're ever gonna grow into. Also, the taller you are, the more streched out your fat is, and it can help you fix this problem. I've personally seen people go from pretty obese to actually decently weighted just by hitting generous growth spurts.

Try to only eat during main meals. If you're grabbing a snack, think to yourself "Do I REALLY need this?" and "Is there a healthier alternative I can eat?"

Since you're pretty young, it may be hard to set up a gym membership, but if it's possible with family/friends, try to start going to the gym. Don't be intimidated by anyone there. No one will judge you or ridicule you; in fact, many will probably embrace someone who is trying to lead a better lifestyle.  

Try to get into sports, whether it be basketball or swimming or rowing. Something to get your heart pumping and you sweating.

41 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

I don't have a lot of control as to dinner meals, but I'm looking for some good things to eat for lunch, especially after doing some research and finding out how bad bread is for the body.

I'm going to go back to Weet Bix for breakfast, just because of how healthy it is.

Any suggestions for an easy lunch to eat because I go to school every day, and any tips for losing weight. I don't care if it's going to be a slow process, I just want to lose some weight.

I am also going to start exercising again, starting with a 10-minute run on the treadmill, some sit-ups and I might even go and buy a Just Dance game for my Xbox 360 Kinect to burn just a bit more.

Bread is NOT bad for you, although my idea of bread is probably different from yours, here we eat this kind of bread:

pane-rustico-640x320.jpg

Of course you need to weigh it, 30-60g a day is fine, better if you get whole wheat bread, it has more fiber and it's gonna make you feel less hungry.

Make sure that you burn more calories than you eat, since I have no idea of how much calories you need considering the age and the fact that you are overweight I'm gonna guess a 2100-2200kcal as maintainance so could try to cut to 1800kcal.

Try not to use oil when cooking, you can add a teaspoon of olive oil afterwards if you want, but it's better if you don't.

Try to avoid sugars as much as possible, sugars are going to make you feel hungry.

Once a week you can (and with can I do NOT mean that you should) have a cheat meal but don't abuse it.

NO FAST FOOD and also you should cook what you eat at home so you know what's in it and only use healthy ingredients, do not get it from restaurants or takeaway.

Although these kinds of things especially at your age should be guided by a doctor that knows what he's doing.

Also you need to keep yourself active, AT LEAST get a 40min walk every day, and remember to increase with time, for example: the first time you cannot walk for more than 20 min, that's fine, next time aim at 25min, then to 30min and so on. Although walking could get boring after a while, try biking, running, etc., there's lot of fun stuff you can do.

And... remember to drink enough water and eat enough vegetables, fruit and meat.

If you need help tracking your calories try "myfitnesspal"

Don't skip breakfast.

Whole grain bread

Coffee

Gardening (for me), Hobbies in general.

Love

Be willing to reject some technologies that make life "too easy/convenient".

Just what I came up with off the top of my head.