RX 480

The Realist

Im very disapointed in the performance of the RX 480 with it on par with the GTX 970...you guys?

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

Lesson learnt: don't hype and expect so much from AMD for now on.

I never had any AMD hardware, but I am really looking forward for the RX 480. Today news really makes me more biased to Intel and Nvidia.

Here's the deal. The performance isn't disappointing, it's the AMD fans lying for weeks that caused the inflated expectations. Now the 1060 is set to launch and the 480 will have competition while the 1070 and 1080 are without it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, dlink377 said:

Lesson learnt: don't hype and expect so much from AMD for now on.

I never had any AMD hardware, but I am really looking forward for the RX 480. Today news really makes me more biased to Intel and Nvidia.

I mean it was really the community,AMD said it would perform and sometimes outperform the GTX 970 which is the case...but the community was thinking because 2 of them can beat a GTX 1080 it would be like a GTX 980,fucking hype ruins everything...

2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

I mean it was really the community,AMD said it would perform and sometimes outperform the GTX 970 which is the case...but the community was thinking because 2 of them can beat a GTX 1080 it would be like a GTX 980,fucking hype ruins everything...

Yes. I agree those leaked fake reviews and people at AMD subreddit really fuel the hype so much.

I will be much more be careful with hype from now. I actually really do some search for more leak everyday for the week, since I really looking forward to buy it if the performance turns of to be GTX 980 like.

Now, going back to the seat and wait nicely for GTX 1060. Hopefully it can be on GTX 980 level performance for cheap price, such as $249 (less likely since NVidia practically doesn't have any worthwhile competitor for a while).

2 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

Yes. I agree those leaked fake reviews and people at AMD subreddit really fuel the hype so much.

I will be much more be careful with hype from now. I actually really do some search for more leak everyday for the week, since I really looking forward to buy it if the performance turns of to be GTX 980 like.

Now, going back to the seat and wait nicely for GTX 1060. Hopefully it can be on GTX 980 level performance for cheap price, such as $249 (less likely since NVidia practically doesn't have any worthwhile competitor for a while).

if the GTX 1060 performs as the GTX 980 for $250 then nobody would ever buy the RX 480 LOL,it will probs perform as 2x GTX 960'S

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Why didn't AMD use one 480 in their launch in the benchmark? Why didn't they use a unbiased game? Why the NDA past the point you could buy the card?

AMD played a roll too, like their "rebellion" ad campaign.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That thing can run a lot of things pretty well,and it isn't overpriced at all, I'm personnally satisfied with it. For someone without too much money, it's certainly good. It's still way cheaper than a 970 in a lot of places. Heck it's at 259€ in France (which is with taxes and everything equivalent to 229$), while the cheapest 970 I could find is 329€ after it got moved down 50€. It's a pretty sweet deal, since the RX 480 can only perform better with better drivers and everything. AMD could led it to outperform a 980 if they finally got better drivers. Because in terms of raw performances, it's better than a 980. By raw performance I mean TFLOPS. Only thing making a 980 better are driver optimizations. That's why I hope AMD will finally improve them drastically. That fact is also why DX12 favor AMD cards a lot, since the optimization has to be done on the game developer's side.

42 minutes ago, The Realist said:

but the community was thinking because 2 of them can beat a GTX 1080 it would be like a GTX 980

That benchmark was probably accurate for what it was. The problem is that the game was Ashes of the Singularity. It's the benchmark of choice for anyone trying to push an agenda, but everyone should know by now that there are no other games that behave like Ashes of the Singularity. When AMD showed that benchmark, we all should've known what it said and what it didn't say.

By the way, does anyone actually play Ashes, or just benchmark with it? I've never once heard anyone mention actually playing it or wanting to play it.