Need OG virus protection

I'm on the hunt for a certain patch, and it looks to be a never-ending tunnel of viruses and surveys. I decided to stuff the surveys and move on the downloading from random sites, which is very retarded act, but I really don't have the patience to wait for actual comments to appear on these videos/websites, and they never usually do. Hitman Pro appears to be my best bet, but is there an anti virus software that's even better than HitMan Pro? 

Nothing.

There's no guarantee an antivirus can detect absolutely everything especially when you're driving into an ocean full of questionable content.

What "patch" are you looking for.

If anything, whatever you download, check the file yourself with hex editors for embedded executables, decompilers for source code or other programs that can see what the file contains, even running it on a VM (without network on). That's what I do.

6 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

There's no guarantee an antivirus can detect absolutely everything especially when you're driving into an ocean full of questionable content.

What "patch" are you looking for.

If anything, whatever you download, check the file yourself with hex editors for embedded executables, decompilers for source code or other programs that can see what the file contains, even running it on a VM (without network on). That's what I do.

Firstly, a patch for gta. Secondly, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to hex editors, decompilers of source code, or any sort of programming for that matter.

Nothing.

Don't think that many people have the knowlage to use a hex editor, or use a decompiler, or even know what those pieces of software are.

But the best bet for someone who can't controll their mouse clicks, is to remove their mouse. And I think this is one of those cases.

@ downloading from random sites... I assume you are talking about pirated versions of content. Get to learn a few of those large websites, and get to learn the uploaders. Also, many "virus scanners" flag pirated software as containing virusses, which is often not the case. They have to hack the security systems, to make the software usable. And because the anti virus notices the hacked security systems/copy protection, it puts up flags.

Not sure what I can say more about this subject, don't want to get flamed/banned/whatever. Just use common sence, and be carefull @ what you click at.

*PS: I think all of the big anti virus programms will get updates to block a virus which might have cought within the next few weeks. So I think most of those will be fine. Just keep save back-ups/hard copies of your important files and such.

3 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

*PS: I think all of the big anti virus programms will get updates to block a virus which might have cought within the next few weeks. So I think most of those will be fine. Just keep save back-ups/hard copies of your important files and such.

Would a restore point be enough of a backup?

Nothing.

A good hacker will infect your back-up/restore points. But in my experiance with other people their computers, it will fix most of their problems/get rid of mild mallware/spyware/crapware.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

A good hacker will infect your back-up/restore points. But in my experiance with other people their computers, it will fix most of their problems/get rid of mild mallware/spyware/crapware.

I've set a restore point about 3 days ago. Is it possible that that could get hacked?

Nothing.

I would look into using F-Secure.

Used it for 7 years now and it hasnt failed me once, has a lot of customisation and has a lot of advance features you might enjoy.

EDI: <i7 4970k, Corsair h110, 8gb avexir 2133 DDR3, ASUS Z97-AR, EVGA GTX980, Kingston Hyper x 128gh boot drive, 1.5tb of random mass storage drives> 
Peripherals: <RAZER Naga epic, Corsair K95/RAZER Deathstalker Ultimate>
Laptop(Leigon): MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 4k
Phones: <One Plus X, Sony Xperia Z, Moto X(2013) Huawei Nexus 6P

IF a restore point can be hacked by a virus or whatnot, all restore points are most likely infected. "It's just a file..."

Remember what changes you personaly made, like which games you installed and which usefull software you got. Restore that 3 days old thingy, and install only those usefull things again, and you should be fine. (unless you are really infected, which would force you to use a anti-virus program anyways.

If you don't notice any big side affects after restoring your windows, you are most likely fine. But depending on which sites you visited, you might still want to do a virus check. Just to be save...