PC Worth it?

The Realist

So my friend wants to build himself a new gaming pc and he wants it to be cheap but very nice looking,he wants to call it "The cheapanator",

What does he do on a PC : Well hes looking to Host a CS 1.6,Minecraft,Render,Game and still have no problems or stutters,lag,fps drops etc...,on games such as GTA 5,Dying Light he wants 60 fps on high/ultra settings (not max) and on FPS games he wants 144 Fps since has been playing on 60fps and wants to try 144fps here are the parts and the prices he can buy them. NOTE : HE LIVES IN THE EU SO DONT PUT ANY US LINKS...

Intel Xeon E5-2670 $70

Cooler Master Seidon 120V V.2 $40

ASrock X79 Extreme 4 $140

Hynix 16gb (2x8gb-1333MHz) $35

512GB SSD $100

GTX 780 $130

NZXT S340 $90

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 $90

EVGA 650W G2 $130

Neewer NW-700 $42

Phantom Power $18

Razer Deathstalker Essential $40

SteelSeries Siberia V2 or P100 $35-40

Zowie FK2 $70

Asus VG248QE $220

Custom table named DRIFT $100

Total : 1355

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DcLd6X

big-25841032_5603cd70e788b6-55500672evidea-mobilya-calisma-maasalari-yeni1-DPE134-001_3.jpg

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

for minecraft

you want a beefy single core. 

The performance will suffer 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

for minecraft

you want a beefy single core. 

The performance will suffer 

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-E5-2670-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3240 as you can see the Xeon is a little better and i played minecraft before on a i3 3240 with 4gb ram and no GPU (integrated used) and was getting 60 fps on medium settings so im sure this can pull off :)

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

So my friend wants to build himself a new gaming pc and he wants it to be cheap but very nice looking,he wants to call it "The cheapanator",

What does he do on a PC : Well hes looking to Host a CS 1.6,Minecraft,Render,Game and still have no problems or stutters,lag,fps drops etc...,on games such as GTA 5,Dying Light he wants 60 fps on high/ultra settings (not max) and on FPS games he wants 144 Fps since has been playing on 60fps and wants to try 144fps here are the parts and the prices he can buy them. NOTE : HE LIVES IN THE EU SO DONT PUT ANY US LINKS...

Intel Xeon E5-2670 $70

Cooler Master Seidon 120V V.2 $40

ASrock X79 Extreme 4 $140

Hynix 16gb (2x8gb-1333MHz) $35

512GB SSD $100

GTX 780 $130

NZXT S340 $90

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 $90

EVGA 650W G2 $130

Neewer NW-700 $42

Phantom Power $18

Razer Deathstalker Essential $40

SteelSeries Siberia V2 or P100 $35-40

Zowie FK2 $70

Asus VG248QE $220

Custom table named DRIFT $100

Total : 1355

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DcLd6X

big-25841032_5603cd70e788b6-55500672evidea-mobilya-calisma-maasalari-yeni1-DPE134-001_3.jpg

$1366 is cheap? You need a cpu with good single core performance for this build. I dont know if the xeon's going to cut it.

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-E5-2670-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3240 as you can see the Xeon is a little better and i played minecraft before on a i3 3240 with 4gb ram and no GPU (integrated used) and was getting 60 fps on medium settings so im sure this can pull off :)

Remember, your FPS is constantly dropping due to the frequent updates. Because java is so hard to optimize, its getting more demanding each updates,

Remember that

If he wants it cheap then cut off monitor(use 1080p tv if you have 1), ssd is not manditory for budget builds just get 1tb or more hdd. Also where are you getting the prices for all this stuff?

EDIT. Also i would go amd for cpu if you want it cheap. They arent as powerfull per core but they have more for the same price range

Edited by Flavortown2k16
Add stuff i forgot

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Check out the e5-1650, if I recall correctly it's a 6 core sandybridge e Xeon that overclocks really well, some have hit 5 on air but 4.6 seems reasonable unless it's being sold because it's a shit overclocker.

8 hours ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

If he wants it cheap then cut off monitor(use 1080p tv if you have 1), ssd is not manditory for budget builds just get 1tb or more hdd. Also where are you getting the prices for all this stuff?

EDIT. Also i would go amd for cpu if you want it cheap. They arent as powerfull per core but they have more for the same price range

1.Hes a hardcore FPS and needs 144Hz + Tv's for gaming look SHIT

2.Since he plans to edit,render,host servers a SSD would be much needed but he will get a WD Black 1TB for $40 in the future

3.Used parts

4.I really cant find a AMD CPU that can beat the Xeon for $70

8 hours ago, l__T__l said:

Check out the e5-1650, if I recall correctly it's a 6 core sandybridge e Xeon that overclocks really well, some have hit 5 on air but 4.6 seems reasonable unless it's being sold because it's a shit overclocker.

I dont really know if its worth the extra $100

30 minutes ago, The Realist said:

1.Hes a hardcore FPS and needs 144Hz + Tv's for gaming look SHIT

2.Since he plans to edit,render,host servers a SSD would be much needed but he will get a WD Black 1TB for $40 in the future

3.Used parts

4.I really cant find a AMD CPU that can beat the Xeon for $70

Is that $140USD or euro for an x79 board, if USD that is a great deal, but I would look at an i5 6500, and a lot cheaper psu, and watercooling is completely useless go for a hyper 212 evo it will give the same performance for half the price.  

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Spending more on the mobo than the GPU just sounds like madness to me. I spent $1000 on my new build and got a i5-6600K and GTX 1070. Much much better than this build although I didn't have to include a mouse and keyboard, monitor or a table haha. But still, spending almost $100 on a LED light kit isn't smart for a "cheap" build. Put that money into the GPU and get a case with lights or some LED fans. Unless he never wants to play new games. But even GTA 5 and Dying Light will just barely run, and definitely not on Ultra.

This is my new build just for reference. And those prices were exactly what I paid. It helps to go on sales websites like reddit.com/r/BuildaPCSales.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

So are these used from states or used from eu?

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

How about you tell your friend to suck it up and save for a better computer build?

your friend wants too much while jumping all over the spectrum. 

5 hours ago, ZimFreak said:

Spending more on the mobo than the GPU just sounds like madness to me. I spent $1000 on my new build and got a i5-6600K and GTX 1070. Much much better than this build although I didn't have to include a mouse and keyboard, monitor or a table haha. But still, spending almost $100 on a LED light kit isn't smart for a "cheap" build. Put that money into the GPU and get a case with lights or some LED fans. Unless he never wants to play new games. But even GTA 5 and Dying Light will just barely run, and definitely not on Ultra.

This is my new build just for reference. And those prices were exactly what I paid. It helps to go on sales websites like reddit.com/r/BuildaPCSales.

1.so a GTX 780 cant run GTA 5 on ultra? funny comment

2.Its a cable kit not a LED kit

3.Its allot easier when your in the states since where he lives working a month gives you $200 so you try to work there + your 12 FUCKING HOURS ON YOUR LEGS

3 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

How about you tell your friend to suck it up and save for a better computer build?

your friend wants too much while jumping all over the spectrum. 

He was saving 2 years and now he has to save another 2 year....

3 hours ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

So are these used from states or used from eu?

Some are from the states but are paided for shit shipping

Some are from his home sites 

5 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Is that $140USD or euro for an x79 board, if USD that is a great deal, but I would look at an i5 6500, and a lot cheaper psu, and watercooling is completely useless go for a hyper 212 evo it will give the same performance for half the price.  

its $140 USD , the point is since hes looking to edit,render,game,host i5 6500 would really slack because of 4 cores + its much more expensive,i cant find a cheaper PSU on ebay they rip you off and when i find a cheap one its from the states and they charge $60 for shipping to the EU,as for cooling your probably right...

11 hours ago, The Realist said:

I thought it was about the same price, just stick with the 2670 then.